Sheikh meaning and origin
Sheikh's meaning is Leader, Elder, Head, Chieftain or Teacher aimed at both boys and girls is used mostly in Arabic.Names that rhyme with Sheikh
Popularity of Sheikh
Sheikh is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 443 on boy names chart when 61 babies were given the name Sheikh. Over 1051 people have been named Sheikh in England and Wales. Sheikh is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1991 but could not make beyond the top 5000. There are over 324 babies that have been given the name Sheikh in United States.
Sheikh is a rare baby name in France still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Sheikh is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Syria and Pakistan. Also the baby name is popular in United Arab Emirates, Yemen, India, Kuwait, Somalia, Gambia and Kenya. As per our research, over 850000 babies have been bestowed Sheikh around the globe.
Sheikh in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Sheikh?
Material success is not all that matters in life. You are probably spontaneous, charming, flexible, acting wisely from time to time, and have a superior attitude. Allow your logical mind to take a break and follow your heart for once in your life. Every challenge is there to sharpen your focus and improve your survival skills. The number 6 as your expression number reveals you have a caring nature.
Do you like Sheikh? Other names you would love
- Taqadus - Principally used in Arabic, Taqadus means "Sanctity" is a girl name
- AbdulRafi - Meaning of AbdulRafi is Esteem) or Elevates (Intellect is used predominantly in Arabic is given to baby boys
- Ikramullah - Boy name Ikramullah means "Glory of Allah" is used dominantly in Arabic
- Mubajjal - Boy name Mubajjal means "Honourable or Glorified" is used notably in Arabic
- Bikr - Boy name Bikr means "Eldest or First Born" is used particulary in Arabic
Namesakes of Sheikh
- Sheikh Bedreddin, influential mystic, scholar, theologian
- Sheikh Mohammad Rashid,
- Sheikh Adi ibn Musafir, Arab Sufi Muslim
- Sheikh Said, Zaza Kurd sheikh of the Sunni order and one of the leaders of kurdish rebellion
- Sheikh Edebali, highly influential Turkish Sufi Sheikh
- Sheikh Fazlul Karim, Bengali poet and writer
- Sheikh Kamal, eldest son of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Sheikh Abdur Rahim, Bengali author
- Sheikh Mukhtar Mohamed Hussein, 2nd speaker of the Somali parliament
- Sheikh Fazlollah Noori, prominent Shia Muslim cleric in Qajar Iran during the late 19th and early 20th century and founder of political Islam
- Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, Malaysian orthopaedic surgeon and the first Malaysian astronaut
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Bangladeshi politician and statesman
- Sheikh Hasina, Bangladeshi politician serving as the 10th Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Sheikh Mansur, Chechen Islamic religious and military leader
- Sheikh Abdullah, Kashmiri politician
- Sheikh Hamdullah, master of Islamic calligraphy
- Sheikh Anwarul Haq, Pakistani jurist and an academic
- Sheikh Riaz Ahmad, former Chief Justice of Pakistan of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Sheikh Imam, famous Egyptian composer and singer
- Sheikh Salahuddin, Bangladeshi international cricketer
- Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, Pakistani politician
- Sheikh Ahmed Salim Swedan, fugitive wanted in the United States as a participant
- Sheikh Mukhtar, son of Chaudhry Ashfaq Ahmed Chaudhary Ashfaq Ahmed intentionally got transferred and migrated to Delhi
- Sheikh Fazlul Haque Mani, Bangladeshi politician
- Sheikh Abdullah Ahmad Datuk Sheikh Abdullah Ahmad Bakhbereh, also known as Datuk Shake, is a Malayan singer.
- Sheikh Fattelal in movie Sant Tukaram as Director
- Sheikh Iqbal portrayed leading character of N in 1984 musical movie Ishq Pecha.