Sherif meaning and origin
Unusual Sherif specifically is used in Arabic, meaning of Sherif is "Illustrious", rooted from Arabic is given to baby boys. Sherif is resultant of Sharif. Unwonted Sharif came from Arabic, meaning of Sharif is "Gentleman, Honourable One and Distinguished".
Variants of SherifNames that rhyme with Sherif
Popularity of Sherif
Sherif is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1969 but could not make beyond the top 4000. There are over 392 babies that have been given the name Sherif in United States. It had a short run of 9 years on England and Wales boy names chart. In France, it has been in use since 1965 but could not make beyond the top 2000. However things change on global perspective, Sherif is extremely popular in Egypt where every 1 in 100 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, Syria, Yemen, Nigeria, Kuwait, Libya, Jordan, United Arab Emirates and Albania. As per our research, over 1240000 people has been named Sherif globally.
Sherif in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Sherif
You get easily disappointed by others because you expect too much. People with a high IQ are prone to depression, self-doubt, and low self-esteem and so are you. Unbelievable but true. If someone doubts your skills, let it be. You know who you are and that should be enough. Don't let naivety, your kind heart, and thoughtfulness stop you from succeeding in life. In love, you can love a person like you've never loved anyone before but you can also leave like you've never loved.
Do you like Sherif? You would love these names
- Noorah - Noorah's meaning is Corolla or Blossom is used as a baby girl name is substantially used in Arabic
- Farkhunda - Girl name Farkhunda came from Persian, especially used in Arabic language, meaning of Farkhunda is "Prosperous or Likeable"
- Noorun-Nisa - Noorun-Nisa's meaning is Light of the Women is used as a baby girl name is largely used in Arabic
- Shaafiah especially is used in Arabic bestowed upon girls, meaning of Shaafiah is "A Mediator or Advocate"
- Fadela has its origin in Arabic, Fadela means "Worthy or Excellent", prevalently used in Arabic is used as a girl name
Namesakes of Sherif
- Sherif Ekramy, Egyptian footballer
- Sherifa Maher in Al-massir as Actress
- Sherif Arafa in El gezira as Director
- Sherif Ramzy in Hatuli Ragel as Actor
- Sherif Eltayeb in Body of Lies as Actor
- Sherif El Wesseimy composed the music of movie Eyal Hirrifah
- Sherif Mounir, from 2003 drama, romance movie Sahar el layaly, who characterized the Sameh.