Solon meaning and origin
The famous and venerable boy name Solon is originated from Old Greek used commonly in English, French, Finnish and Swedish languages, Solon means "Wisdom". Solon is Latin form of The Greek Name Σολων Meaning Wisdom.
Variants of Solon
View middle names that goes with Solon like Gerhard, Milas, Gury, Kyzer, Aksel, Twig,Names that rhyme with Solon
Popularity of Solon
Solon is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 503 on boy names chart when 33 babies were named Solon. Over 1303 people have been named Solon in United States. But Solon is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 40000 have the name. At least, 9000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Numerological analysis of Solon
You are attentive to details and small things can annoy you because you know that they matter the most. Your soul is playful and young. Your impulsiveness and short temper are your worst character traits you need to work on. As every person has its flaws, you are not an exception. In love, you can love a person like you've never loved anyone before but you can also leave like you've never loved.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Solon
- Sibylline - The girl name Sibylline means "Prophetess, Sibyl and Priestess of Apollo" is rooted from Old Greek language. Sibylline is derivative of Sybil.
- Christof - Unwonted Christof came from German, Old Greek and Russian, meaning of Christof is "Carrier of Christ, He who Holds Christ in his Heart or Carrying Christ" and is chiefly used in Danish, Swedish and German is used for boys
- Nixon - Famous unisex name Nixon is rooted from Old Greek and Old English and is predominantly used in English language, meaning of Nixon is "Abbreviation of Nicholas, Mythological Nike was Greek Goddess of Victory or Root Origin of Nicholas or Son of Nicholas"
- Helina - The odd girl name Helina is mainly used in Swedish, African and Danish has its origin in Russian and Old Greek, Helina means "Conscious"
- Maisy - Used substantially in English and Swedish uncustomary, Maisy is used as a baby girl name, Maisy means "The Pearl" has origin in Old Greek
Namesakes of Solon
- Solon McDade, Canadian musician and composer
- Solon Nikitas, distinguished Cypriot judge and jurist
- Solon Irving Bailey, American astronomer and discoverer of the main-belt asteroid 504 Cora
- Solon Toothaker Kimball, noted educator and anthropologist
- Solon Borland, newspaperman, soldier, diplomat
- Solon Earl Low, Canadian politician in the 20th century
- Solon Borglum, American sculptor
- Solon Spencer Beman, American architect based in Chicago
- Solon Bixler, American rock–indie musician
- Solon Ménos, Haitian author and politician
- Solon J. Buck, Second Archivist of the United States
- Solon, Athenian statesman, lawmaker and poet
- Solon Curvelo in movie Essas Deliciosas Mulheres as Composer