Spencer name meaning
What does Spencer mean?
Used prevalently in English durable and widely accepted, Spencer has origin in Old French and is used for both boys and girls, Spencer means "Dispenser of Provisions or Dispenser".
How do I pronounce Spencer?
Two syllabled Spencer is most commonly pronounced as s-pen-cer. Some people pronounce it as sp(e)-ncer.
Variants of Spencer
Nicknames for Spencer
Probable nicknames for the given name Spencer include:Names that rhyme with Spencer
How popular is the name Spencer?
Spencer was a popular name in United States. Over 121104 babies have been named Spencer since 1880. At its zenith in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 84th spot and 4619 baby boys were given the name. However after 192 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 6 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales having over 6697 recievers in 27 years of usage. When at its peak in 2003, it ranked 90th when 617 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times
A common name in New South Wales with over 306 new-borns have been given the name since 2016. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 114 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 78th position. Also, In Victoria, Spencer was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 881 babies. At its zenith in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 9 years but it is still going strong.
Spencer is a familiar baby name in Queensland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2018, 85 babies were given Spencer and it reached its peak ranking, 73 on boy names chart. There are over 404 babies that have been given the name Spencer in Queensland. Spencer is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 305 (1970) in its 14 years run on Ireland naming chart. Also, it is among the top 2000 boy names in France. Over 137 babies in France have been named Spencer. Also, it appeared first time in 2015 on baby boy names list of Belgium.
But Spencer is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 6000 have the name. At least, 120000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Spencer in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Spencer?
Don't feel guilty if suddenly you find your opinion of something or feelings for someone changed. You were born to change. You can practically make a person do what you want and they will do it without hesitation. You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned. Partnerships are exclusively important to you. Stop focusing on the past and embrace your future.
Looking for a name like Spencer? Please go through the following names
- Alberteen means Noble is used specifically in English is came from Germanic is bestowed upon baby girls
- Sheplea - Boy name Sheplea means "From the Sheep Meadow" is principally used in English
- Hillock - Hillock's meaning is From the Small Hill is used in English is bestowed upon boys
- Mckinzie - Origin of Customary Mckinzie is in Gaelic and Scottish is a baby girl name is used dominantly in English. Mckinzie is English equivalent of Mackenzie
- Matther - Offbeat Matthers origin is English is used particulary in English and a baby boy name, meaning of Matther is "Sea". Matther is resulted from Mar.
Middle names for Spencer
These familiar and up to date middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Spencer .
View more middle names that goes with Spencer.
Famous people named Spencer
- Spencer Perceval, British statesman
- Spencer Compton, 1st Earl of Wilmington, British Whig statesman
- Spencer Compton, 2nd Earl of Northampton, English soldier and politician
- Spencer Reiss, former Newsweek foreign correspondent
- Spencer Howson, Australian radio presenter
- Spencer Nilsen, American video game music composer
- Spencer Allen, English amateur first-class cricketer
- Spencer Cozens, musician, writer and producer
- Spencer G. Millard, American Republican politician
- Spencer Gollan, sportsman who excelled in rowing and golf
- Spencer Heath, American engineer, attorney, inventor, manufacturer
- Spencer R. Weart, director of the Center for History of Physics of the American Institute of Physics
- Spencer Holst, American writer and storyteller
- Spencer Silver,
- Spencer Penrose, American entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Spencer Batiste, British Conservative MP for Elmet
- Spencer Trethewy, self-proclaimed property developer,
- Spencer Finch, American artist
- Spencer Perceval, British Member of Parliament
- Spencer Gore, British painter of landscapes
- Spencer Records, early pioneer of the American Midwest,
- Spencer Summers, British Conservative politician
- Spencer Crakanthorp, chess player and Australian Chess Champion
- Spencer O. Fisher, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Spencer Pumpelly, American race car driver
- Spencer Le Marchant Moore, English botanist
- Spencer Compton, 8th Earl of Northampton, British peer and Member of Parliament
- Spencer Kellogg Brown, was born August 17, 1842 in Kansas
- Spencer MacCallum, American anthropologist
- Spencer Wells, geneticist, anthropologist, author, entrepreneur, adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Austin
- Spencer Tracy, American actor
- Spencer Williams, American jazz and popular music composer, pianist
- Spencer Walpole, English historian and civil servant
- Spencer Cavendish, 8th Duke of Devonshire, British statesman
- Spencer Abraham, United States Senator from Michigan
- Spencer Tunick, American photographer best
- Spencer Fullerton Baird, American naturalist, ornithologist, ichthyologist
- Spencer Bachus, American politician
- Spencer W. Kimball, American business, civic, and religious leader
- Spencer Kimball, American computer programmer, entrepreneur
- Spencer Horatio Walpole, British Conservative Party politician
- Spencer Bent, English recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Spencer Jarnagin, United States Senator from Tennessee
- Spencer Williams, American actor and filmmaker
- Spencer Treat Clark, American actor
- Spencer Fox, American musician, singer and actor
- Spencer Dryden, American musician best known as drummer for Jefferson Airplane and New Riders of the Purple Sage
- Spencer Haywood, American former professional basketball player and Olympic Gold Medalist
- Spencer Compton, 2nd Marquess of Northampton, British nobleman and patron of science and the arts
- Spencer Compton, 7th Marquess of Northampton, British peer
- Spencer Bailey, American writer, editor, and journalist
- Spencer Darwin Pettis, U.S. Representative
Lists having Spencer
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2000)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)