Staffan meaning and origin
Staffan has its origin in Old Greek is a baby boy name is used in Scandinavian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish. Staffan is variant form of biblical and persistent Stephen. Stephen is English cognate of Stephanus. Stephen has its origin in Old Greek, meaning of Stephen is "Wreath and To Wear a Crown". Staffan is equivalent of Stefan in Swedish language.
Variants of StaffanNames that rhyme with Staffan
Popularity of Staffan
Staffan is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 2000 have the name. As per our evaluation, over 5000 babies have been bestowed Staffan around the globe.
What numerology tells about Staffan?
Nothing good comes without hard work and dedication. Working harder than required is what you are known for. Stay curious but don't stress over things because everything's built to change, and not only people but everything you can think of. Don't take life too seriously. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You never settle for less. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people.
Go through the following names similar to Staffan
- Joason - Joason's meaning is Mythical Leader and Healing has origin in Old Greek is used as a baby boy name. Joason is derived from Jason.
- Maria-Angéla - The Maria-Angéla is of Hebrew and Greek origin, Maria-Angéla means "Messenger or Princess of the Sea"
- Geronimo - The rare boy name Geronimo is originated from Old Greek, Geronimo means "Holy Name or Sacred Name" is primarily used in Italian and Spanish languages
- Penny - Used in Norwegian, Danish and Finnish long standing and well-liked, Penny came from Old Greek, Penny means "A Diminutive of Penelope, Penelops or Flower" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Corise - Meaning of Corise is Girl came from Greek
Namesakes of Staffan
- Staffan Valdemar Holm, Swedish-German theatre director
- Staffan Danielsson, Swedish Centre Party politician
- Staffan Anger, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Staffan Appelros, Swedish politician
- Staffan Strand, Swedish former high jumper
- Staffan Tapper, former footballer from Sweden
- Staffan Kronwall, Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman currently serving as captain for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the Kontinental Hockey League
- Staffan Tällberg, Swedish former ski jumper
- Staffan de Mistura, long-serving Italian-Swedish diplomat and former member of the Italian government