Thordis meaning and origin
Particulary used in Danish, Nordic, Finnish, Scandinavian, German, Norwegian and Swedish uncustomary, Thordis is used as a baby girl name, meaning of Thordis is "Thunder, Goddess or Thor" has origin in Old Norse.
Variants of ThordisNames that rhyme with Thordis
Popularity of Thordis
Thordis is a rare baby name in United States there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 1918. Also, Thordis is a familiar name in Germany. At least, 600 people globally have carried Thordis as their given name according to our research.
What numerology tells about Thordis?
Find out what your passion is. Stop trying to fit in. You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. Not everyone will be there to help you when you need a hand, just like you are there for everyone. You are trustworthy, a good listener and an awesome friend. People always look for comfort in your world. If you have letter S as your capstone, you don't respect people who don't respect themselves.
Do you like Thordis? Other names you would love
- Vivi - Of Greenlandic, Celtic and Latin origin, Long standing and Well-Liked Vivi is used especially in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish is given to girls. Vivi is form of Vivian in English and Latin languages. Also Vivi is equivalent of Vivien in English language
- Kirste is Sami cognate of Kirsti
- Gaël - Of Old Norse and Celtic origin, Gaël is majorly used in Swedish, French and Finnish, Gaël means "The Gaels or About 500 Bc Before Our Era" is aimed at baby boys
- Matheo - Used especially in Finnish and Danish noteworthy, Matheo means "Gift of Yahweh" is of Hebrew origin is a boy name
- Tutu has its origin in Latin is mainly used in Spanish, Finnish and Swedish is a unisex name. Tutu is Finnish form of Tuuli
Namesakes of Thordis
- Thordis Brandt in Funny Girl as Actress