Toma meaning and origin
Famous unisex name Toma has origin in Aramaic, Toma means "Twin or Date Palm" is majorly used in Arabic, Swedish, Slavic, English, Danish, Russian, Romanian, Norwegian, Old Danish and Finnish. Toma is variant form of loved and biblical Thom. Thom is shortened form of Thomas. Thom's meaning is Twin is rooted from Aramaic. Toma is form of prominent, biblical and timeless Tomas. Tomas is variant form of biblical and famed Thom. Tomas is Nordic and Slavic cognate of Thomas. Also Tomas is Nordic form of Thomas. Origin of Widespread Tomas is in Hebrew and Aramaic, meaning of Tomas is "Twin, A Form of Thomas and Gemini". Toma is short form of Tamara. Tamara is form of Tamar in Russian language. Also Tamara is equivalent of Tamar in Russian and Latin languages. Tamara's meaning is Date Tree, The Element Tamara Which Means Spice and Date Palm has origin in Hebrew and Sanskrit. Toma is feminine version of Tomi. Tomi is variant of all time favorite and prevailing Tomas. Also Tomi is version of biblical and persistent Tommy. Tomi is Danish equivalent of Tómi. Meaning of Tomi is People and Red came from African-Kalabari and Japanese.
Variants of TomaNames that rhyme with Toma
Popularity of Toma
Toma is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1929 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1974, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 883 on boy names chart when 84 babies were named Toma. Over 745 people have been named Toma in United States. Toma is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1979 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2006, it ranked 1094th when 28 boys were named Toma. There are over 373 babies that have been given the name Toma in France.
Toma is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2004 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 2403rd. But Toma is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in Russia. As per our estimate, over 90000 babies have been bestowed Toma around the globe.
Toma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Toma?
You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. You have people who love you. Situations and people don't bother you much unless they concern you in some way. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. You get easily disappointed by others because you expect too much.
If you like Toma, you would love these names
- Kamali - Used in Arabic and Malayalam far-out, Kamali came from African-Shona, Kamali means "Protector or Full of Desires" is customarily used for both boys and girls
- Kuhaylah - Meaning of Kuhaylah is Name of a Pious Woman or Learned Woman who was a Good Speaker is a girl name is used in Arabic and Sindhi
- Sabra means Cactus Fruit, Enduring or Clement came from Arabic and Hebrew, substantially used in English and Hebrew is used as a baby girl name
- Samah - Uncommon unisex name Samah is specifically used in Arabic, Hindi and Arabic languages, Samah means "Generosity, Bounty or Beautiful Sky"
- Iqbal - Atypical Iqbal is used mostly in Hindi and Kannada aimed at boys has its origin in Arabic and Sanskrit, Iqbal means "Wealth or Glory Destiny"
Namesakes of Toma
- Toma Rosandić, Yugoslavian sculptor
- Toma Bebić, Croatian multidisciplinary artist: musician
- Toma Tomov, retired Bulgarian athlete
- Toma Macovei, was born in Ghergheasa, Romania
- Toma Prošev, Macedonian composer and professor
- Toma Sik, Hungarian-Israeli peace activist, anarchist, libertarian socialist
- Toma Ovici, right-handed former Romanian tennis player
- Toma Zdravković, famous Serbian pop-folk singer-songwriter and recording artist
- Toma Caragiu, prolific Romanian theatre
- Toma Simionov, retired Romanian sprint canoer
- Toma Ikuta, Ikuta is known for his roles
- Toma Babovic in movie Labyrinth as Composer
- In 2015, Toma Cuzin portrayed the role of Tedi in comedy, drama film Bucuresti NonStop.
Lists having Toma
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- Aramaic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Twin
- Baby Names that mean Palm
- Baby Names that mean Tree