Jurij meaning and origin
Boy name Jurij is used prevalently in Slavic. It is rooted from Old Greek, Jurij means "Farmer or Earthworker".
Variants of JurijNames that rhyme with Jurij
Popularity of Jurij
Jurij is a common baby name in Lithuania, Slovenia, Germany and Poland while it is somewhat familiar in Czech Republic and Russia. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Jurij in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Jurij
You believe there's not a rule worth following if it makes you unhappy. To have number 3 as your soul urge number reveals the creative side of your personality. And you are respected for living according to your own rules. You like to explore your options about everything. Although you like to prove a person who's the boss, your goal is to teach everyone how to win things they want. Deep inside you are soft as cotton.
If you like Jurij, you would love these names
- Boleslava - The girl name Boleslava is used prevalently in Slavic. It is rooted from Old Slavic, Boleslava means "Great Glory"
- Pietre is originated from Greek language, Pietre means "Rock or Rock" is mostly used in Slavic
- Orest - Offbeat Orest came from Slavic and Old Greek is largely used in Slavic and is bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Orest is "Highlanders or Orestais"
- Macha - Meaning of Macha is Aurora or Sea is rooted from American and Native used as a baby girl name is dominantly used in Slavic
- Stany - The Stany is of Slavic origin, Stany means "Stand Up or Glory"
Namesakes of Jurij
- Jurij Dalmatin, Slovene Lutheran minister, reformer
- Jurij Moskvitin, classical pianist, composer, philosopher
- Jurij Cherednikov, Ukrainian-American author and software engineer
- Jurij Koch, Sorbian writer
- Jurij Vega, Slovene mathematician
- Jurij Brězan, Sorbian writer