Nyah meaning and origin
Used in African and English preeminent, Nyah means "Aim or Purpose" and is used for both genders is rooted from African-Swahili and Swahili. Nyah is a variation of well-known Nia. Nia is a variation of Names Beginning with Ni- Or Ending In -Nia. Nia is form of Neilina in English language. Also Nia is form of Niam in Welsh language. Nia's meaning is I Want, Female Champion and Goal is of African-Swahili, Swahili and Celtic origin.
Variants of NyahNames that rhyme with Nyah
Popularity of Nyah
Nyah was a popular name in United States. Over 4716 babies have been given the moniker in 35 years. At the peak of its usage in 2001, it ranked 504th when 547 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 35 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Nyah is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1999 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 455 on girl names chart when 74 babies were given the name Nyah. Over 1130 people have been named Nyah in England and Wales.
Nyah is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 3010 (2018) in its 14 years run on France naming chart. Also, it appeared first time in 2001 on baby girl names list of Belgium. Nyah is a common name in Liberia while somewhat familiar name in Malaysia and Nigeria. At least, 6000 people globally have carried Nyah as their given name according to our findings.
Nyah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Nyah
It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life? You lack responsibility and commitment. You like questioning general beliefs and opinions in order to comprehend the world better. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly.
You would love these names similar to Nyah
- Aziza - Majorly used in Indian, Marathi and Arabic atypical, Aziza is used as a baby girl name. It is rooted from Arabic and African-Swahili, meaning of Aziza is "Esteemed or Adored"
- Hazina - Girl name Hazina has origin in African and African-Swahili, Hazina means "Treasure or Hunting" is substantially used in African
- Joshi - Unisex name Joshi came from African-Swahili, mainly used in Bengali, Kannada and Tamil languages, Joshi means "Lord Vishnu or Galloping"
- Sanura - Primarily used in English, Swahili and Tamil recent and rarefied, Sanura means "Like a Kitten, Kittens or Kitten" is a baby girl name is originated from African-Swahili
- Fadhili is used commonly in African and Swahili, Fadhili means "Virtuous or Compassion" and of African-Swahili origin is bestowed upon boys
Namesakes of Nyah
- Nyah Fearties, Scottish music band