Shima name meaning
What does Shima mean?
Unorthodox Shima is originated from Navajo and Arabic is principally used in Japanese, Arabic, Iranian and English and is aimed at baby girls, Shima means "Limit, Border, Mother, Islanders or Island Japanese".
Variants of ShimaNames that rhyme with Shima
How popular is the name Shima?
Shima is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1975 and achieved its top ranking of 7311 in 1979. Over 109 babies in United States have been named Shima. It had a short run of 6 years on England and Wales girl names chart. It had a short run of 5 years on France girl names chart. But Shima is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan, India and Egypt. According to our research, at least 260000 people have been bestowed Shima around the globe.
What numerology tells about Shima?
Facing what you've been through and allowing yourself to grieve over is the only way to fight the numbness within you. You aren't born to prove yourself to anyone but yourself. Be the living proof to those who ignored you, they need to realize you were right this whole time. When it comes to giving an honest advice, you can be hard. You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. Remember you don't have to know everything.
Parents who liked Shima, loved these names
- Yoko - Origin of Unwonted Yoko is in Japanese, meaning of Yoko is "Sun Child or Sonnenkind" primarily used in Japanese and Hindi is bestowed upon both sexes
- Momoka - Unorthodox Japanese Momoka is particulary used in Japanese, a girl name, meaning of Momoka is "Flowers or Thous"
- Tsuneko - Principally used in Japanese unheard-of, Tsuneko has its origin in Japanese, meaning of Tsuneko is "Always or Child" is used for baby girls
- Leiko - Girl name Leiko is used substantially in Japanese, Leiko means "Arrogant" is of Japanese origin
- Mao - Odd unisex name Mao is used in Japanese and Chinese has its roots in Chinese, Mao means "Flourishing"
Famous people named Shima
- Shima Iwashita, Japanese actress
- Shima Sakon, Shima eventually left the service of the Tsutsui
- Shimako Sato in K-20: Kaijin nijû mensô den as Writer
- Shima Niavarani in Nånting måste gå sönder as Actress
- Shima Ohnishi in movie The Tale of Iya as Actor
Lists having Shima
- Girl names beginning with S
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Japanese Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Shi
- Girl names that ends with -ima
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Island