Shirly name meaning
On This Page
What does Shirly mean?
Shirly's meaning is Bright Meadow is of Old English origin, a unisex name is largely used in English. Shirly is variant of prevalent and all time favorite Shirley. Also Shirley is spelling variant of SKIR;LEAH.
Queer Shirley has its origin in Old English language, Shirley means "Bright Grassland and Shining Meadow".
How Shirly is perceived as a baby name?
Shirly is a British baby girl name that means "bright meadow". It is often perceived as an elegant and unique name, due to its origin and meaning.
It also has a hint of femininity and softness to it. Many parents choose it because of its uniqueness, yet still having the familiarity of the traditional English names. The name Shirly itself evokes images of sunshine and brightness, giving the impression that the little girl will be cheerful and full of optimism.
It's a great choice for parents who want their daughter to have something special, yet still familiar.
How do I pronounce Shirly?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Shirly is sh(ir)-ly.
Variants of ShirlyNames that rhyme with Shirly
How popular is the name Shirly?
Shirly is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1911 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1936, it ranked 1291st when 31 girls were named Shirly.
Over 1068 people have been named Shirly in United States. Shirly is an uncommon baby name in still in use in France. Shirly is a rare baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Shirly is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 7000 have the name. According to our findings, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Shirly around the globe.
Shirly in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Shirly
Passion doesn't last much but respect and care do. Your best character traits are individuality and independence. You are an intuitive person and can tell if someone's playing you or not. Although you hate drama, you are the one creating it. You know you have the power to realize your dreams and build your ideal life. You are a passionate lover but hard to understand. The letter S as your cornerstone reveals your wish to leave your mark in the world.
You would love these names similar to Shirly
- Jeron - Curious boy name Jeron is used mainly in English, Jeron means "Sacred Name" is originated from Hebrew and Old Greek
- Jenai - Outlandish Jenai has its origin in Old Welsh, Jenai means "Modern Name Based on Jane or Jean, God has Answered or Based on Janai" used as a girl name is prevalently used in English
- Francklyn is used dominantly in English, Francklyn means "Free Landholder" is used as a baby boy name
- Whitby prevalently is used in English, meaning of Whitby is "Farm with White Walls or White Farm" bestowed upon baby boys is rooted from English
- Clark means Surname or Clergyman has origin in Old English, a gender-neutral name is particulary used in English
Famous people named Shirly
- Shirly Brener in Righteous Kill as Actress
- Shirly Duke is known for her acting in movie Little Girls Blue Part 2
Lists having Shirly
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Shi
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Meadow