Edine meaning and origin
Edine means From Edinburgh is chiefly used in Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish and English is a girl name is originated from Hebrew. Edine is variant of dominant Edina. Edina is an effeminate form of Hedin. Edina is Hungarian equivalent of Edwardina. Edina is originated from Hebrew and Old English, Edina means "The Element Ead Meaning Wealth Blessed, Prosperous Friend and Ardent". Edine is a derivative of Eden. Eden has its origin in Old English and Hebrew, Eden means "Delightful, Adornment and Pleasure".
Variants of EdineNames that rhyme with Edine
Popularity of Edine
Edine is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 1986, peaked in 1993 when it ranked 1863rd. Edine is a common name in Iran, Brazil and DR Congo while somewhat familiar name in Morocco, Netherlands and Haiti. At least, 5000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Edine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Edine
You have trust issues and anger management problem that you seem to be handling pretty well. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. Learn how to trust people more. At work, you are often seen as the control freak that has everything done in the said time and date. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps.
If you like Edine, you would love these names
- Zarine is originated from Persian, Zarine means "Golden" which is specifically used in Norwegian, Danish and Gujarati is used as a girl name
- Klemen - Of Latin origin, Klemen bestowed upon boys is predominantly used in Slavic, Finnish and Danish. Klemen is Nordic form of Clemen
- Rávdná - Girl name Rávdná is used dominantly in Finnish and Sami. Rávdná is equivalent of Ravna in Sami language
- Eki - Unisex name Eki is particulary used in Hindi and Swedish languages, meaning of Eki is "Liquid, A Single String Necklace or Dignity"
- Silvius - Silvius's meaning is Forest Man or Forest used for baby boys that originated from Latin is used predominantly in Swedish, Finnish and German
Namesakes of Edine
We could not find any notable namesake.