Fridtjof meaning and origin
Boy name Fridtjof is specifically used in Scandinavian, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish has its roots in Old Icelandic and Old Norse, meaning of Fridtjof is "Fridr, Thjofr or Prince of Peace". Fridtjof is variant of Friðþjófr. Also Friðþjófr is spelling variant of FRID;ÞJOF. Also Fridtjof is Old Norse cognate of Fridtjof.
Variants of FridtjofNames that rhyme with Fridtjof
Popularity of Fridtjof
Fridtjof is a familiar baby name in Norway and Germany. As per our findings, over 700 babies have been bestowed Fridtjof around the globe.
Fridtjof in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Fridtjof?
You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with. You can achieve great things. You neglect your own issues and helping other is more important to you. Use your mind and position to do great things you will be remembered for. Handling the problems and life situations of others keeps you distracted from your own. You are strongly interested in exploring scientific fields, mysticism, and philosophy.
Go through the following names similar to Fridtjof
- Torjus - Especially used in Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, Torjus is originated from Old Norse, meaning of Torjus is "Hostage or Thunder" is aimed at boys
- Hogne is form of Hǫgni in Norwegian language
- Jarno - Prevalent boy name Jarno is commonly used in Finnish and Swedish, meaning of Jarno is "Yahwe Uplifts" is of Hebrew origin
- Mitzi - Mainstream Skyrocketing, Outstanding and Perennial girl name Mitzi is originated from Hebrew is chiefly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish languages. Mitzi is German equivalent of Maria. In 1964, famed name Mitzi reached 456th position among baby girl names in United States
- Irmeli is equivalent of Irmela in German language
Namesakes of Fridtjof
- Fridtjof Nansen, Norwegian explorer, scientist, diplomat