Jessye meaning and origin
The popular and venerable unisex name Jessye is originated from Hebrew, Jessye means "God Sees" is principally used in English language. Jessye is a variation of frequently used and perennial Jessee. Jessee is variant form of biblical, persistent and acclaimed Jesse. Jessye is a diminutive of Jessica. Jessica is equivalent of Johanna in Swedish language. Also Jessica is equivalent of The Hebrew Name יִסְכָּה = Yahweh Beholds in English language. Jessica's meaning is God Sees, God's Grace and Foresighted came from Hebrew.
Variants of JessyeNames that rhyme with Jessye
Popularity of Jessye
Jessye is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 55 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 449 babies in United States have been named Jessye. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1982 and achieved its top most rank of 1397 in 1989. At least, 500 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Jessye
You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. You have a bossy nature in love. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. You can live your dream life only if you put your mind to it. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them. Being a boss suits you because of your high self-esteem, determination, and knowledge.
Go through the following names similar to Jessye
- Ethin - Anomalous Ethins origin is Hebrew bestowed upon boys, meaning of Ethin is "Durable, Enduring Long-Lived and Heaven". Ethin is resulted from Ethan.
- Jerred - Unorthodox Jerreds origin is Hebrew is used predominantly in English and a boy name, meaning of Jerred is "Rules by the Spear or Descent"
- Magella - Meaning of Magella is Villager of Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene has origin in Hebrew
- Jacalyn - Customary Jacalyn is originated from Hebrew is used largely in English, Jacalyn means "Holder of the Heel, Supplanter and Yahweh May Protect" is given to girls. Jacalyn is derived from Jacqueline. . On baby girl names chart, noteworthy Jacalyn was spotted at 495th position in 1955 in United States
- Abaddon - The boy name Abaddon is originated from Hebrew, Abaddon means "Angel, Ruin or Doom"
Namesakes of Jessye
- Jessye Norman, American opera singer and recitalist
- Jessye Quarry in Village of the Damned as Actress