Jyri name meaning
On This Page
What does Jyri mean?
Jyri is form of Jyrki. Jyrki is equivalent of Jörg in Finnish language.
Is Jyri a suitable baby name?
Jyri is a suitable baby boy name. Its origin is Finnish and it's an uncommon name, meaning 'Farming man'. It has an adventurous spirit and it sounds strong and sweet.
It would be a great choice for a baby boy with its meaningful origin bringing an interesting twist to the popular Finnish names. Jyri also has a unique sound that will make your child stand out from the crowd, while still sounding familiar.
How do I pronounce Jyri?
Two syllabled Jyri is pronounced as yeer-ee.
Variants of Jyri
How popular is the name Jyri?
Jyri is a common baby name in Finland while it is somewhat familiar in Estonia. As per our evaluation, over 4000 babies have been bestowed Jyri around the globe.
Jyri in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jyri?
Having letter I as your capstone in your name reveals the lack of balance and harmony in your life. Stop giving people chances and show them where the door is instead. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. You manage to hide your issues and emotional struggles pretty very well. Learning new skills will make you feel so much better and boost your confidence more than you imagine.
Parents who liked Jyri, loved these names
- Leevi - Mostly used in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian unusual, Leevi means "Joined To" and is aimed at baby boys has its origin in Hebrew
- Sirpa - The girl name Sirpa is specifically used in Finnish and Norwegian and is rooted from Finnish, Sirpa means "Shard, Splinter, Fragment, Piece"
- Dagna - Used specifically in Finnish, Scandinavian and Norwegian immutable and widely accepted, Dagna is rooted from Old Norse is used as a girl name. Dagna is form of Dagny in Norwegian language
- Nanine - Outlandish Arabic, Old English and Gothic Nanine means "Form of Anna and Variant of Anne Favor" bestowed upon baby girls is used especially in Danish, Swedish and Finnish. Nanine is resultant of Nan.
- Stian - Originated from Old Norse, Anomalous Stian is used chiefly in Finnish, Scandinavian and Danish, Stian means "Stígandr" is usually given to baby boys
Famous people named Jyri
- Jyri Pelkonen, Finnish former nordic combined skier
- Jyri Kjäll, Finnish former boxer
- Jyri Marttinen, Finnish ice hockey defenceman
- Jyri Häkämies, Finnish politician and the CEO of Confederation of Finnish Industries
Lists having Jyri
- Boy names beginning with J
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Farmer
- Baby Names that mean Earthworker