Leandra name meaning
On This Page
What does Leandra mean?
Well-Known unisex name Leandra came from Old Greek, Leandra means "Man of the People or Lion of a Man" is used in Italian. Leandra is effeminate variant of Leander. Also Leander is variant spelling of Greek λεων = 'lion';ανδρος = 'of a man'.
Also Leander is spelling variation of Attic Greek leōs = 'people';ανδρος = 'of a man'. Also Leander is spelling variation of Greek ? = 'happiness';ανδρος = 'of a man'. Leander means Man of the People, Strong Like a Lion and Strong Brave Man Man of People is of Old Greek origin.
How do I pronounce Leandra?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Leandra is le(a)-nd-ra. lean-dra is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of LeandraNames that rhyme with Leandra
How popular is the name Leandra?
In United States, Leandra was once a common name since emerging in 1913 it has been given to over 6793 babies. At its zenith in 1989,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 105 years.
Also, Leandra used to be a common name in Switzerland, first appeared in 1998 and over 1574 babies have been given the name in 21 years. At its zenith in 2013,.
After 21 years, the name has past its prime.
Leandra is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1907 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1907, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 767 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Leandra. There are over 577 babies that have been given the name Leandra in France.
Leandra is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 161 babies in England and Wales have been named Leandra.
Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1997 and peaked in 2014 when it ranked 1041st.
But Leandra is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Angola.
According to our estimate, at least 60000 people have been bestowed Leandra around the globe.
Leandra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Leandra?
You work hard on your dreams but forget to work hard on your personality too. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. In order to gain more than you already have, you need to take uncalculated risks and see where they take you. You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before.
Do you like Leandra? You would love these names
- Anastasio - Meaning of Anastasio is Risen One or Surrender is used as a boy name and is especially used in Italian is rooted from Old Greek
- Benvenuto - Boy name Benvenuto is originated from Italian which is used largely in Italian language, meaning of Benvenuto is "Welcome"
- Ludovico - Recent and Sufficiently quirky Ludovico mostly is used in Italian, meaning of Ludovico is "War or Famous" has its origin in Germanic and Old High German is a baby boy name
- Evangelista commonly is used in Italian, meaning of Evangelista is "Good News" bestowed upon baby girls is of Greek and Old Greek origin
- Beiardo is used in Italian, Beiardo means "Brown-Haired, The Red or Powerful"
Famous people named Leandra
- Leandra Ramm in Land of Smiles as Actress
- Leandra Lee in Chasing Angels as Actress
- Leandra Leal in Estamos Juntos as Actress
- Leandra Terrazzano in Road Trip: Beer Pong as Actress
- Leandra Ryan in TV series Bitch Please as Actress
Lists having Leandra
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -andra
- Girl names that starts with Lea
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Folk
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Brave