Nik meaning and origin
Loved Nik largely is used in Hindi, Norwegian, Finnish, English, Danish, Swedish and Gujarati is a boy name. Its origin is in Old Greek, meaning of Nik is "Lord, Abbreviation of Nicholas, Mythological, Victorious People or Champion". Nik is variant of everlasting and widespread Nick. Nick is variant of NicolasNames Ending In -Nik. Nick is abridged form of Dominic. Also Nick is short of Nichol. Nick is equivalent of Greek Names Containing the Name Element Nik: Greek Νικη = Victory in English language. Commonly Accepted Nick came from Latin and Old Greek languages, meaning of Nick is "Abbreviation of Nicholas, People's Victory and Victory of the People". Nik is a short form of Nicholas. Nicholas is variant of unfading and prevalent Nicolas. Nicholas means Victorious Person and People of Victory is of Old Greek origin.
Variants of NikNames that rhyme with Nik
Popularity of Nik
Nik is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 30 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 4000. Over 189 babies in United States have been named Nik. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 2020th. But Nik is a popular baby name in Malaysia where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Pakistan, Russia and Slovenia. According to our research, at least 150000 people have been bestowed Nik around the globe.
Nik in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Nik
Meet people from diverse cultures, perhaps your soul mate hides in someplace outside ordinary. You are intelligent and independent. Letter K as your capstone represents your negative attitude and indeterminacy. Greater knowledge and truth drive you to explore constantly. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. You like to observe things and people. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things.
If you like Nik, you would love these names
- Andrya means Female Version of Andrew or Brave is of Old Greek origin, substantially used in English is used as a baby girl name
- Gréta - Originated from Old Greek, Gréta means "The Pearl" and mainly is given to baby girls is largely used in Hungarian and Icelandic
- Aleksander - Originated from Old Greek, Unorthodox Aleksander is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Estonian, Aleksander means "Defender of Men, Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is generally used for baby boys
- Earine - The Earine has origin in Greek, Earine means "Peace"
- Cristovão means Carrying Christ has its origin in Old Greek and a boy name is used predominantly in Portuguese
Namesakes of Nik
- Nik Cohn, British rock journalist, born in London in 1946
- Nik Powell, British businessman and one of the co-founders of the Virgin Group with Richard Branson
- Nik Witkowski, rugby centre for the Canadian national rugby team and for Coventry R.F.C.
- Nik Nanos, Canadian public opinion pollster, entrepreneur, public speaker
- Nik Bärtsch, Swiss pianist, composer
- Nik Kershaw, English singer-songwriter, composer
- Nik Antropov, Kazakh-Canadian former professional ice hockey centre
- Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat, Malaysian politician and Muslim cleric
- Nik Turner, English musician
- Nik Welter, Luxembourgish writer, playwright, poet, professor
- Nik Radev, Bulgarian-born refugee in Australia,
- Nik Mrdja, Australian former football player
- Nik Fish, Australian DJ
- Nik & Jay, Danish hip-hop/pop duo made of Niclas Genckel Petersen and Jannik Brandt Thomsen
- Nik Gowing, British television journalist
- Nik Caner-Medley, American-Azerbaijani professional basketball player for Estudiantes of the Liga ACB
- Nik Lewis, running backs coach for the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League and a former professional Canadian football slotback
- Nik Szymanek, British amateur astronomer and prolific astrophotographer
- Nik Kosef, Australian former professional rugby league footballer of the 1990s and 2000s
- Nik Weston, DJ, music producer
- Nikki Creswell in The Dollmaker as Actress
- Niki Nordenskjöld in Superhjälten as Actress
- Niki Holt in 54 as Actress
- Nikki Galladay in It's Hotter in Hollywood as
- Nikki Tipping in Hooligans at War: North vs. South as Make-Up Department
- Nikki Gil in Badil as Actress
- Nikki Benfer in Klay World: Off the Table as Actress
- Nik Angelo is noted for his acting in video Take a Peak
- Nik Pagano played central role of Pietro in 1959 flick Avventura in città.
- Nik Adruce, from 2008 fantasy, sci-fi movie Brainscan: Aku dan topi ajaib, who played Adruce.
- In 2010 drama movie, Der Albaner, Nik Xhelilaj portrayed Arben Shehu.
Lists having Nik
- Boy names beginning with N
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Gujarati Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2010)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean Champion
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Victorious