Penney name meaning
What does Penney mean?
Sufficiently quirky Penney is used largely in English is of Old Greek origin is a girl name. Penney is short version of Penelope. Penelope is Latin form of Πηνελοπη, a Greek Name Possibly Derived from Greek Πηνελοψ = Duck. Meaning of Penelope is Dream Weaver, White Shoulder and Hard Working is of Old Greek origin.
Penney's impression as a baby name
Penney is a charming baby girl name that has become increasingly popular in recent years. This name has several unique attributes that make it stand out from other names. Firstly, it has a lovely and gentle sound that lends itself well to both formal and informal situations. Additionally, the name Penney has an interesting history; its Greek origin means weaver, which could make it a great choice for parents who appreciate the art of weaving or textiles. Another notable feature of this name is its versatility; while Penney might be considered a more traditional name, it still feels modern and fresh due to its uniqueness. Ultimately, if you're looking for an elegant yet unconventional name for your daughter, Penney may be just what you need!
How do I pronounce Penney?
p(en)-ney is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Penney.
View middle names that goes with Penney like Zaria, Madie,Names that rhyme with Penney
How popular is the name Penney?
Penney is a common name in United States given to over 1950 babies in 53 years. When at its peak in 1962, it ranked 1009th when 113 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Penney is a familiar name in Canada. At least, 3000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numerology tells about Penney?
You are a smart person with a greater knowledge and wisdom. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble. You have people you love and who love you back. The only way to find happiness is to stop searching for it and let it find you first. Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. You like people too but prefer your solitude. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content.
Other names similar to Penney, for would be parents
- Gregg - Frequently Used and Evergreen unisex name Gregg is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Gregg is "Vigilant Watchman or Vigilant" is predominantly used in English and English
- Stephana - The infrequent girl name Stephana means "Crown or Crown" is of Old Greek and Greek origin is used largely in English
- Ellan - Outlandish Ellan came from Old Greek, meaning of Ellan is "Young" and is used for both boys and girls is predominantly used in Tamil, Swedish and English
- Sydney - Noteworthy and Ever lasting unisex name Sydney means "From Saint Denis or Denise" which originated from Greek, Old English and Old French is primarily used in English and Danish
- Brontes - Of Old Greek origin, Brontes is a boy name, Brontes means "Thunder"
Famous people named Penney
- Penney Kome, Canadian author and journalist
- Penney Finkelman Cox in Shrek as Producer
- Penney Parker in The Dark at the Top of the Stairs as Actress
Lists having Penney
- Girl names beginning with P
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Dream
- Baby Names that mean Hard
- Baby Names that mean Working