Briggs name meaning
What does Briggs mean?
Widely Accepted unisex name Briggs means "From the Village Near a Bridge or Diminutive of Brigham". It is rooted from Old English language is used prevalently in English. Briggs is a short version of Brigham. Of Old English origin, Prevalent Brigham is used chiefly in English, Brigham means "From the Village Near a Bridge, Dweller by the Bridge and Bridge Settlement".
How do I pronounce Briggs?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Briggs as b-riggs. The name can also be pronounced as br(ig)-gs or brigz.Names that rhyme with Briggs
How popular is the name Briggs?
A common name in United States with over 3513 new-borns have been given the name since 1927. When at its peak in 2017, it ranked 615th when 422 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Briggs is a familiar name in Nigeria. At least, 3000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological aspects of Briggs
If you have number 8 as your personality no, it reveals your competitive spirit, good nature, and lucky one. You manage to hide your issues and emotional struggles pretty very well. Go out there and experience new stuff instead of reliving your past. You chose not to love people who don't love themselves. Your devotion to people sometimes leads to disappointment because of your high expectations.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Briggs
- Edwardyne - Girl name Edwardyne is used majorly in English, meaning of Edwardyne is "Wealthy Defender"
- Feldun - Boy name Feldun is primarily used in English, meaning of Feldun is "From the Field Estate"
- Parkinson - Parkinsons origin is Old Greek is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Parkinson is "Son of Parkin" is specifically used in English
- Howell - Howell's meaning is Small Lively or Remarkable used for baby boys used in English has its origin in Old English
- Lenda - Origin of Unfamiliar Lenda is in Germanic language bestowed upon girls, meaning of Lenda is "Linde and Noble" is used majorly in English. Lenda is derivation of Linda.
Famous people named Briggs
- Briggs Cunningham, American entrepreneur and sportsman