Conroy name meaning
On This Page
What does Conroy mean?
The unconventional boy name Conroy means "Way Stubborn or Hound of the Plain" and is majorly used in English is rooted from Celtic, Gaelic and Irish languages. Conroy is variation of Connery.
Atypical Connery is used dominantly in English, Connery means "Child of the Hunting-Dog Keeper" has origin in Irish and Gaelic.
What do we think of Conroy as a name for a newborn?
Conroy is a unique and uncommon baby boy name that originates from Ireland. The name has a special ring to it, and it means "wise advisor" or "man." It is the perfect name for parents who want to give their son a distinctive and meaningful name without going too far into traditional or modern trends.
Its rarity and beautiful meaning make it a great choice for those looking for something unique.
How do I pronounce Conroy?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Conroy as c(o)-nroy. con-roy is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of ConroyNames that rhyme with Conroy
How popular is the name Conroy?
Conroy is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1922 but could not make beyond the top 4000. Over 259 people have been named Conroy in United States.
Conroy is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. Also, Conroy is a familiar name in Jamaica, South Africa and England. At least, 2000 people globally have carried Conroy as their given name according to our research.
What numerology tells about Conroy?
You aren't selfish, so you allow everyone in it. You can't hide emotions because it shows in your eyes how you feel at the moment. You don't have enemies but people have hurt you in the past because of your openness and naivety. Your soul is playful and young. You are an example of how a true friend and perfect lover should look like if no 6 is your personality number. Find out what your passion is. Stop trying to fit in.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Conroy
- Tanghy - Tanghy's meaning is Fire or Warrior is originated from Celtic
- Allin - Infrequent boy name Allin is majorly used in Scottish and English, Allin means "Fair, Comely or Handsome" has origin in Celtic
- Muir - New-fangled and Infrequent Muir is used chiefly in Scottish aimed at boys is originated from Celtic, Muir means "Moor Fen"
- Jennaya - Curious girl name Jennaya is of Celtic, Old Welsh and Hebrew origin, meaning of Jennaya is "Trendy and Hip and Modern Name Based on Jane or Jean". Jennaya is a derivation of Jenaya.
- Vivienne - Cherished and Evergreen girl name Vivienne has origin in Latin and Celtic, meaning of Vivienne is "Alive or Viviane" is used specifically in French and Norwegian
Sibling Names for Conroy
If you have decided to name your baby boy Conroy and are looking for sibling names that will complement and complete your family, then this list is for you. Here are some unique and beautiful names that will go perfectly with Conroy.
For a sister
Brother for Conroy
Famous people named Conroy
- Conroy Ryder, 8th Earl of Harrowby, British peer
- Conroy Maddox, English surrealist painter, collagist
Lists having Conroy
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- Celtic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Gaelic Boy Names
- Irish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Plain