Imogen name meaning
What does Imogen mean?
Uncommon girl name Imogen is of Old Irish and Celtic origin and is used notably in English language, Imogen means "Innocent or Image of".
How do I pronounce Imogen?
One syllabled Imogen is pronounced as IM-uh-jen. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first IM syllable. The name can also be pronounced as i-mo-gen.
Variants of Imogen
View middle names that goes with Imogen like Pien, Nary, Denice, Wann, Fury, Neas,Names that rhyme with Imogen
How popular is the name Imogen?
Imogen was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 28508 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, it ranked 26th when 2045 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 15 times Imogen is common in United States where over 1853 new-borns have been given the name since 1915. Currently at its peak, it ranked 1323rd when 170 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Imogen used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 2001 and over 2511 babies have been given the name in 19 years. At its zenith in 2013,. However after 19 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Imogen used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 2001 and over 1757 babies have been given the name in 19 years. When at its peak in 2003,. After 19 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Imogen used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 1058 babies have been given the name in 11 years. At its zenith in 2008,. However after 11 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Imogen is a unique baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 39 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Imogen. The name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 27 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300. Over 240 people have been named Imogen in Ireland.
Imogen is a rare baby name in Western Australia however it is still in use. Imogen is a common name in England and Australia while somewhat familiar name in Germany, South Africa, New Zealand and Scotland. According to our findings, over 30000 babies have been named Imogen globally.
Imogen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Imogen
Your soul is so sensitive that it allows you to feel other people's pain and suffering. You have an artistic soul and see yourself as the hero in every situation. You are creative and free-spirited. You don't need people to tell you that you are awesome and special because you already know. Your personal growth depends on your adventures. Number 9 as your expression no represents your higher purpose in life.
Other names similar to Imogen, for soon-to-be-parents
- Brigitte - Renowned Celtic Brigitte bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Brigitte is "The Exalted One, Sublime or Strength" is commonly used in Swedish and German
- Alaine - Unusual Alaine is used dominantly in Danish, Finnish and Swedish, Alaine means "Tribe near the Black Sea" is came from Celtic, English and Latin is used as a girl name
- Ruadh - Boy name Ruadh is originated from Celtic, meaning of Ruadh is "Red" is used mainly in Irish
- Cordell - Prevalent unisex name Cordell is used particulary in English. Its origin is in Old English and French, Cordell means "Cord Maker, Seiler or Settler of Cord"
- Taron - Substantially used in English atypical, Taron is used as a gender insensitive name which came from Celtic and English-American, meaning of Taron is "Earthmen or A Combination of Tad or Ron"
Sibling Names for Imogen
Choosing a name for your baby is a significant decision, and if you've decided on the gorgeous name "Imogen," you're off to a great start! However, perhaps you're struggling to find the perfect sibling names that complement Imogen's charm. Here are some ideas to inspire you.
For a sister
Brother to Imogen
Famous people named Imogen
- Imogen Stuart, German-Irish sculptor
- Imogen Cooper, English pianist
- Imogen Rhia Herrad, German writer and broadcaster
- Imogen Cunningham, American photographer
- Imogen Holst, British composer, arranger, conductor, teacher
- Imogen Stubbs, English actress and writer
- Imogen Hassall, English actress
- Imogen Heap, English singer, songwriter
- Imogen Edwards-Jones, British writer, author and journalist
- Imogen Bailey, Australian model, actress and singer
- Imogen Cairns, British former artistic gymnast
- Imogen Annesley, Australian actress and director
- Imogen Thomas, Welsh model and television personality
- Imogen Lloyd Webber, British broadcaster and author
- Imogen Poots, English actress
- Imogen Waterhouse in Two Bottle Jump: Heavens as Actress
- Imogen Murphy in Short as Director
- Imogene Lynn in Li'l Abner as Soundtrack
- Imogen Rose in Churchill: When Britain Said No as
- Imogen Gurney in Nocturne as Actress
- Imogen Archer in 52 Tuesdays as Actress
- Imogen Slaughter in Elizabeth as Actress
- Imogen Toner in What We Did on Our Holiday as Actress
- Imogen Church in Hexagon as Actress
- In 2006, Imogen Kogge portrayed the role of Marianne Klingler in drama, horror film Requiem.
Lists having Imogen
- Girl names beginning with I
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Innocent
- Baby Names that mean Maiden
- Baby Names that mean Daughter