Durward meaning and origin
Used especially in English oldie and popular, Durward is a baby boy name is of English origin, Durward means "Gatekeeper, Door Guard, Deer Keeper or Warder at the Gate". Durward is version of Derward. Dominant and Orthodox English Derward, meaning of Derward is "Deer Keeper and Guardian of the Deer" is used primarily in English.
Variants of DurwardNames that rhyme with Durward
Popularity of Durward
Durward used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1884 and over 2873 babies have been given the name in 87 years. When at its peak in 1912,. After 87 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. According to our estimate, over 2000 babies have been named Durward globally.
Numerological aspects of Durward
Even if you are an awesome, trustworthy and loyal friend to everyone you know, not everyone will return the favor. You are a good speaker who knows what to say to motivate people. Disloyalty, dishonesty, and betrayal are things that you can't stand because you are an honest and reliable person. You organize the best family gatherings and make the best parties. You don't work hard enough because you rely on luck.
Go through the following names similar to Durward
- Hetheclif - Boy name Hetheclif means "From the Heath Cliff". Its origin is in Old English is largely used in English
- Jerrod - Prevailing unisex name Jerrod is prevalently used in English, Jerrod means "Rules by the Spear or Descent" is rooted from Hebrew
- Gardener - Originated from English, Gardener means "Gardener or Occupational Name" and a baby boy name is used majorly in English
- Darrbey largely is used in English is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Darrbey is "Park with Deer" is of Old Norse origin
- Austina - Austina's meaning is Worthy of Respect or Variant of Augustine is used in English aimed at baby girls is rooted from Latin
Namesakes of Durward
- Durward Lely, Scottish opera singer and actor primarily known as the creator of five tenor roles
- Durward Kirby, American television host and announcer
- Durward Gorham Hall, six-term US representative