Gisel meaning and origin
Gisel's meaning is Arrow is principally used in Finnish, Danish, Swedish and English and a gender-neutral name is originated from Germanic and German. Gisel is variation of cherished Giselle. Giselle is French equivalent of Gisèle. Unconventional Giselle is originated from Germanic and Old High German languages, Giselle means "Pledge and Hostage". Gisel is form of Names Containing the Name Element Gisl in German language. It is celebrated on May 7th.
Variants of GiselNames that rhyme with Gisel
Popularity of Gisel
In United States, Gisel was once a common name since emerging in 1969 it has been given to over 2156 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1999,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 49 years. Gisel is a rare baby name in France, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 1908. But Gisel is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 9000 have the name. As per our findings, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Gisel around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Gisel
Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. When it comes to love, you like it the old fashioned way. Forgive in order to receive forgiveness. You are easily adaptable to changes and used to take the high road to success. You are not selfish but you are not naive as well. You love to travel but lack the money at the moment. People hate you for having the guts to say “NO” to society restriction and rules.
Go through the following names similar to Gisel
- Otacilia is originated from German, Otacilia means "Wealth or People"
- Liebward - The Liebward is used particulary in Old High German, meaning of Liebward is "Guardian or Loving"
- Sinje has its origin in Germanic and German languages is used as a girl name and is commonly used in Frisian and German, Sinje means "Rosina or Rule"
- Arlane - Of English origin, Far-out Arlane means "Vigorous, Strong and Darlene" is used for baby girls. Arlane is derivation of Arlene.
- Raimundo - Unwonted Raimundo came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Raimundo is "Protector, Advice or Council or Protector" used mainly in Spanish and Portuguese is bestowed upon boys
Namesakes of Gisel
- Gisela Schlüter in Das Beste aus Zwischenmahlzeit as
- Gisele Silver in Beitar Provence as Actress
- Giselle in Multiple P.O.V. as Actress
- Giselle Rodriguez in Good Kids as Actress
- Gisela Krauss in Ein echter Hausfrauenfreund as Actress
- Giselle Davila in Transsexual Jerk Offs 6 as Actress
- Giselda Castrini in Brutti, sporchi e cattivi as Actress
- Giselle Collins in Asstravaganza 3 as Actress
- Giselle Rodriguez-Forte in Family Dinner as Actress
- Writer Gisel Amezcua, famous for movie Victorio