Hamlin meaning and origin
Uncustomary baby boy name Hamlin means "Little Home-lover" largely used in English and Hindi came from Old English and Old Franco-German.
Variants of HamlinNames that rhyme with Hamlin
Popularity of Hamlin
Hamlin is an uncommon baby name in United States where it had been in use since 1915 and achieved its top ranking of 2926 in 1916. Also, Hamlin is a familiar name in Indonesia and Jamaica. As per our evaluation, over 500 babies have been bestowed Hamlin around the globe.
What numbers say about Hamlin?
Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. You like your freedom and independence. You often end up hurt and disappointed. You are a person of many talents. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You are a free-spirited fellow with a wild heart. You have a strong will to succeed and survive on your own. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura.
Other names similar to Hamlin, for soon-to-be-parents
- Richia - Meaning of Richia is Brave One, Powerful Ruler and Combination of Richard and Rachelle came from Germanic is bestowed upon baby girls. Richia is derived from Richelle.
- Fredegar is used mostly in Low German and German, Fredegar means "Spear or Peace"
- Erkenfried - Erkenfried means "Excellent or Peace" has origin in Old High German
- Reynolde is originated from Germanic, Reynolde means "Rule, Council and Govern and Form of Reginald" is a boy name. Reynolde is derived from Reynold.
- Lisenn - Used principally in Breton, Lisenn means "Illustrious or Fighter" has its origin in German
Namesakes of Hamlin
- Hamlin Garland, American novelist, poet, essayist