Hippolyte meaning and origin
Originated from Old Greek, Hippolyte is mainly used in French, Hippolyte means "Hippos, Lyein or Who Loves Horses" is mainly given to boys. Hippolyte is a resultant of Hippolyt. Hippolyt means Release the Horses and Lyein came from Old Greek is used in German. The name is celebrated on August 13th.
Variants of Hippolyte
View middle names that goes with Hippolyte like Daragh, Egen, Ambrose, Tren, Anth, Pope,Names that rhyme with Hippolyte
Popularity of Hippolyte
Hippolyte used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 10279 babies have been given the name in 150 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1900,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 150 years but it is still going strong. Hippolyte is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, its highest ever rank is 683 (2002) in its 17 years run on Belgium naming chart. Over 139 babies in Belgium have been named Hippolyte.
Hippolyte is a common name in Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia and Benin while somewhat familiar name in Togo, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Ghana and Gabon. At least, 10000 people globally have carried Hippolyte as their given name according to our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Hippolyte
You are a loner. You dream of living in a more humane society. You have a plan on changing the world. However, in order to do it, teach people how to change themselves first. Cooperation and friendly approach are your best qualities when it comes to working. You inspire people but can't find a way to inspire yourself to make the first step and show the world what you can do. You don't like to be told what to do, nor boss around.
Do you like Hippolyte? You would love these names
- Seferina - Unexpected Seferina is used dominantly in Spanish is rooted from Old Greek, a girl name, Seferina means "West Wind"
- Pamalla - Unwonted Pamalla has its origin in Old Greek is a girl name, Pamalla means "Very Black and New Leaves". Pamalla is derivative of Pamela.
- Angelito - Uncustomary Angelito chiefly is used in Italian aimed at baby boys, meaning of Angelito is "Messenger" is originated from Greek
- Selena - Substantially used in Swedish and Danish eternal and lofty, Selena means "Moon" that came from Old Greek is used as a gender-neutral name
- Lénor - Meaning of Lénor is Wealth or Honor has origin in Greek
Namesakes of Hippolyte
- Hippolyte Hélyot, Franciscan friar and priest of the Franciscan Third Order Regular and a major scholar of Church history
- Hippolyte Carnot, French statesman
- Hippolyte Moulin, 19th-century French sculptor
- Hippolyte Langlois, French general noted for his writings on military science
- Hippolyte Havel, Czech-American anarchist
- Hippolyte Lucas, French entomologist
- Hippolyte Pixii, instrument maker from Paris, France
- Hippolyte Delehaye, Belgian Jesuit
- Hippolyte Bernheim, French physician and neurologist
- Hippolyte André Jean Baptiste Chélard, French composer, violist
- Hippolyte Destailleur, French architect, interior designer, and collector
- Hippolyte Castille, French writer and polemicist
- Hippolyte Dubord, Quebec ship builder and political figure
- Hippolyte François Jaubert, French politician and botanist
- Hippolyte Camille Delpy, French painter
- Hippolyte Lecomte, French painter best
- Hippolyte Lefèbvre, French sculptor and medallist
- Hippolyte Fizeau, French physicist
- Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès, French chemist and inventor
- Hippolyte Louis Gory, French entomologist
- Hippolyte Taine, French critic and historian
- Hippolyte Bayard, French photographer and pioneer
- Hippolyte Bouchard, French Argentine sailor and corsair
- Hippolyte Van den Bosch, Belgian football player
- Hippolyte Arnoux, French photographer and publisher
- Hippolyte Metdepenningen, Belgian lawyer
- Hippolyte Montplaisir, Canadian politician
- Hippolyte Lippens, lawyer
- Hippolyte Girardot in Manon des sources as Actor
- Hippolyte Bis is writer of tvMovie Guglielmo Tell