Cate meaning and origin
Originated from Old Greek, Unorthodox Cate is used substantially in Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish given to girls, Cate means "Innocent, Diminutive Form of Katherine or Pure". Cate is a variant of prevalent Karine. Karine is variation of desirable Carina. Also Karine is variation of widely accepted Karin. Karine is also variation of widely accepted Karina. Karine is German and English cognate of Carine. Also Karine is English form of Cara. Karine is also English and German equivalent of Carine. Karine is also form of Carina in German language. Karine is also Russian and French equivalent of Karen. Karine is also form of Karina in English language. Karine's meaning is Pretty, Dear and The Pure is rooted from Italian and Old Greek. Cate is form of commonly accepted and conifer Katie. Katie is diminutive of Kate. Also Katie is shortened form of Carine. Katie is also an abridged form of Karine. Origin of Rare Katie is in Old Greek, meaning of Katie is "Pure and Virginal". Cate is shortened form of Carine. Carine is variation of outstanding Carina. Carine is French form of Carina. Also Carine is English form of Cara. Carine is also English, German and French form of Carina. Origin of Uncommon Carine is in Latin and Italian, meaning of Carine is "Pretty, Dear and Cute".
Variants of Cate
View middle names that goes with Cate like Elyna, Lucretia, Simonne, Zory,Names that rhyme with Cate
Popularity of Cate
Cate is a common name in United States given to over 1636 babies in 34 years. At present the name is rising, in 2008, it ranked 1528th when 152 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Cate is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1165 (2005) in its 16 years run on England and Wales naming chart. There are over 182 babies that have been given the name Cate in England and Wales.
But Cate is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 5000 have the name. According to our estimate, over 20000 babies have been named Cate globally.
Cate in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cate?
You have a restless spirit and booming energy. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. If letter C is your cornerstone, you have a highly developed intuition. Find someone who's into adventures, so you can enjoy life more. You know how to express yourself and always use the right words at the right time, and win the attention of the right people.
Parents who liked Cate, loved these names
- Palmyre - The Palmyre is rooted from Greek, Palmyre means ""City of Palms" Celebrates August 5Th"
- Theodoor - Meaning of Theodoor is Gift of God and Divine Gift is rooted from Old Greek prevalently used in Dutch is used as a baby boy name. Theodoor is derivation of Theodore.
- Georgiane - Atypical Georgiane came from Greek, meaning of Georgiane is "Worker of the Earth" is a girl name
- Dwight means God of the Vine, Dion or White is majorly used in English. It is rooted from Old Dutch and Old English is used for both genders
- Aleksej - Principally used in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish recent and creative and adventurous, Aleksej means "Defender of Men, He Who Wards Off (Other) Men or Defender of Men" that originated from Old Greek is a baby boy name
Namesakes of Cate
- Cate Tiernan, an American author
- Cate Blanchett, Australian actress and theatre director
- Cate Edwards, American attorney
- Cate Shortland, Australian film and television writer and director
- Cate Kennedy, Australian author based in Victoria
- Cate Bauer, English actress
- Cate O'Connor in B!tch as Actress
- Cate Hall in Doghouse as Make-Up Department
- Caterina Sylos Labini in Ladri di saponette as Actress
- Cate Scott Campbell in The Broken Code as Actress
- Caterina Balivo in Miss Italia nel mondo as
- Caterina Lievacic in Danila Visconti as Actress
- Cate Campbell is an Australian swimmer of Malawian origin.
- Cate Fowler characterized the significant role of First Lord in 1992 romance film As You Like It.
- Cate Buscher, from 2012 drama and mystery film Ultrasonic, who portrayed the Ruth.