Leno meaning and origin
Queer unisex name Leno means "Splash of the Sun" is originated from Greek, American, Germanic and Native languages. Leno is derivation of Leonard. Leonard is variation of Léonard and Leonhard. Odd Leonard came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Leonard is "Brave as a Lion and Brave". Leno is abridged form of Helen. Helen is English cognate of Helene. Helen means Wicker and Basket is originated from Old Greek and English.Names that rhyme with Leno
Popularity of Leno
Leno is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1909 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1914, it ranked 1260th when 29 boys were named Leno. There are over 628 babies that have been given the name Leno in United States. Leno is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. Also, it is uncommon in Switzerland, where it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2012 when it ranked 1057th.
Leno is a rare baby name in Belgium and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1997. Leno is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Indonesia, India and Philippines. According to our estimate, over 3000 babies have been named Leno globally.
Numerological aspects of Leno
You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance. You know what they say, life happens while you are too busy making plans. You want to travel the world and inspire people to do the same. You possess great communication skills. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less. You are willing to give up everything you have to achieve everything you ever wanted.
Do you like Leno? You would love these names
- Emeterio - Origin of Outlandish Emeterio is in Old Greek is a boy name, Emeterio means "He who Deserves Affection"
- Daphnis - Boy name Daphnis means "Laurel" is of Old Greek and Greek origin
- Dardana - Girl name Dardana is specifically used in Albanian and is rooted from Old Greek and Albanian, meaning of Dardana is "The Word Dardha with the Meaning Pear or Pear"
- Sybile - Sybile's meaning is Priestess of Apollo has origin in Greek is bestowed upon girls
- Annise - Unheard-of Annise is originated from Arabic and Old Greek, Annise means "Night-less, Variant of Anne or Agnes and Polite" is used for baby girls. Annise is derived from Anissa.
Namesakes of Leno
- Leno Prestini, American painter and sculptor
- Leno LaBianca,
- Lenore J. Coffee in Possessed as Writer
- Lenore Harris in Kill Your Darlings as Actress
- Lenore Shanewise in Kick the Can as Actress
- Lenox Tillman in The Girl Who's a Player as
- Lenora Bruce in Bad Girls as Actress
- Lenore Ulric in Camille as Actress