Leora meaning and origin
Used particulary in Hindi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, English, Tamil, Hebrew, Oriya and Telugu persistent and widely accepted, Leora aimed at both sexes. Its origin is in Old Provençal, Old Greek and Hebrew, Leora means "Light". Leora is a derivative of Helen. Helen is English form of Helene. Origin of Frequently Used and Ever lasting Helen is in English and Old Greek, meaning of Helen is "Shoot, Basket and Torch". Leora is resulted from Lenore. Lenore is variant of widespread and perpetual Leonore. Also Lenore is form of trendy and conifer Helen. Lenore is diminutive of Eleanor. Prevailing and All time favorite Lenore has its origin in Old Greek and Old Provençal languages, Lenore means "Pity and Light" is used in English. Leora is derivative of Liora. Liora is version of persistent and outstanding Helen. Also Liora is variation of everlasting and loved Lenore. Meaning of Liora is God's Gift of Light to Me, My Light and Sweet Bay Tree Symbolic of Honor and Victory is primarily used in English and Hebrew is originated from Hebrew and Old Greek. Leora is short form of Eleanor. Eleanor is derived from Helen. Eleanor is English equivalent of Eleonora. Meaning of Eleanor is The Element Eleos Which Means Mercy Pity and Sun Ray has its origin in Old Provençal and Old Greek.Names that rhyme with Leora
Popularity of Leora
Leora is a common name in United States given to over 11253 babies in 140 years. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 294th spot and 255 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the moniker has been in Leora is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1977 (2018) in its 18 years run on England and Wales naming chart. Over 116 babies in England and Wales have been named Leora. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1991 and peaked in 2001 when it ranked 2272nd. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 777th.
Also, Leora is a familiar name in Canada, Philippines, South Africa and England. According to our evaluation, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Leora around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Leora
You live for the things that matter like friendship, kindness, cruelty-free world, and dreams. Your expression number reveals your kind heart. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. Change yourself completely. Be more open-minded and ready to learn new things. Focus on your success. You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. You are a smart person who knows how to rise above everything that makes you feel miserable.
Parents who liked Leora, loved these names
- Tif is used mainly in English aimed at baby girls has its origin in Old Greek, Tif means "Appearance of God, Referring to the Epiphany and Manifestation of Divinity". Tif is short form of Tiffany.
- Lotus - Eminent and Perennial unisex name Lotus is used majorly in Finnish, Swedish and Danish, meaning of Lotus is "Lotus Flower" is of Old Greek origin
- Georgine - Preeminent and Perpetual Georgines origin is Old Greek bestowed upon baby girls, used in English, Norwegian and German, meaning of Georgine is "Worker of the Earth or Farmer"
- Sandye means Protector and Abbreviation of Alexander Defender of Man is of Old Greek origin is a baby girl name. Sandye is derivative of Sandy.
- Dorothee - Unorthodox Dorothee is originated from Old Greek is mostly used in German, English and French and is bestowed upon baby girls, Dorothee means "Variant of the Greek Dorothy or Gift of God"
Namesakes of Leora
- Leora Spellman, American vaudeville performer and stage and film actress and the wife of Charles B. Middleton
- Leora Auslander, American historian, best
- Leora Barish in Basic Instinct 2 as Writer
- Leora Dana in Another World as Actress