Malay meaning and origin
Atypical and Fresh unisex name Malay is particulary used in Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Hindi, Oriya and Malayalam. It is rooted from Sanskrit, meaning of Malay is "From the Mountain or A Mountain".
Variants of MalayNames that rhyme with Malay
Popularity of Malay
Malay is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 2005 and peaked in 2007 when it ranked 7722nd. Over 107 people have been named Malay in United States. But Malay is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 20000 have the name. According to our research, at least 70000 people have been bestowed Malay around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Malay
You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly. You believe that each one of us was born with a purpose or is supposed to give their life a purpose of their own. People that don't give their best effort is what annoys you. Your overall health is great. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go.
Go through the following names similar to Malay
- Visveshwaran means Lord Shiva is used as a baby boy name is largely used in Gujarati and Telugu
- Jayalalita - Girl name Jayalalita means "Victorious Goddess Durga" is predominantly used in Marathi, Oriya and Bengali
- Vidyuth - Creative and adventurous and Modern boy name Vidyuth means "Brilliant" is particulary used in Oriya, Tamil and Sanskrit
- Harika - Originated from Turkish, Uncommon and Contemporary Harika is used in Hindi and Oriya and commonly is used for girls, Harika means "Wonderful, Beloved by Indra or Is Associated to Lord Venkateswara"
- Kandhan is used in Bengali, Gujarati and Telugu, Kandhan means "God or Cloud" is used as a boy name
Namesakes of Malay
- Malay Roy Choudhury, Bengali poet, playwright, short story writer
- Malayalam Masala in Bed Room Lo Devil as Actress
- Malaya Rivera Drew in Smoldering Children as Actress
- Malay Misra in movie Nari Akhire Nian as Composer