Marquis name meaning
What does Marquis mean?
Outstanding and Conifer Marquis came from Old French and Latin, meaning of Marquis is "The Marquis", largely used in English is used as a gender insensitive name.
How is Marquis seen as a baby name?
Marquis is a unique baby boy name with French origins that means "nobleman" or "lord of the borderlands." This name has a strong and sophisticated feel to it, making it ideal for parents who want to give their son a distinguished name. It's not a very common name, which adds to its appeal and uniqueness. The sound of the name Marquis is also quite pleasing to the ear, making it a great option for parents who want something that sounds elegant but still has a modern twist.
How do I pronounce Marquis?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Marquis as m(a)-rquis. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., mar-quis.
Variants of MarquisNames that rhyme with Marquis
How popular is the name Marquis?
a popular name in United States having over 23982 recievers in 142 years of usage. At its zenith in 1990, it ranked 258th when 1036 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 25 times Also, Marquis is a familiar name in Canada and DR Congo. As per our evaluation, over 20000 babies have been bestowed Marquis around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Marquis
You have high aspirations in life. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. If letter M is your cornerstone, you probably bury yourself in work every day. People admire your spirit. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You are interested in learning new and exciting things.
Looking for a name like Marquis? Please go through the following names
- Lon - Long standing and Cherished Lon specifically is used in English and English came from Germanic and Gaelic used as a gender-neutral name, meaning of Lon is "Strong or Ready for Battle"
- Iljana - Girl name Iljana is used principally in German, English and Finnish has its origin in Latin and Hebrew, Iljana means "Shining or My God is Yahweh"
- Melinda - Lofty and Ever lasting unisex name Melinda means "Black or -Inda" and is used prevalently in Norwegian and English has its origin in English, Old Greek and Latin languages
- Amélien - The Amélien came from Latin, Amélien means "Rival or Emulum"
- Urbanie - Urbanie's meaning is City Dweller has its origin in Latin
Famous people named Marquis
- Marquis de Morès, famous duelist
- Marquis James, American journalist and author
- Marquis de Bussy-Castelnau, Governor General of the French colony of Pondicherry
- Marquis de Rays, French nobleman
- Marquis de Condorcet, French philosopher and mathematician
- Marquis of Haihun, emperor of the Chinese Han dynasty with the era name Yuanping
- Marquis de Custine, French aristocrat and writer
- Marquis Grissom, American former professional baseball center fielder
- Marquis Daniels, American former professional basketball player
- Marquis Childs, 20th-century American journalist
- Marquis Cooper, American football linebacker
- Marquis Weeks, former American football running back
- Marquis Lafayette Wood, Methodist minister
- Marquis, barbershop quartet that won the 1995 SPEBSQSA international competition
- Marquis de St Ruth, French general
- Marquis Walker, former an American football cornerback
- Marquis Who's Who, American publisher of a number of directories containing short biographies
- Marquise Brown in Read It and Weep as Actress
- Marquis of Auñón in short Noticiario de cine club as Actor
- In 2019 drama flick, Changing the Rules II: The Movie, Marquis Drake characterized JC.
Lists having Marquis
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar