Matelda meaning and origin
German and Germanic name Matelda bestowed upon girls, meaning of Matelda is "Strength and Shield" is used chiefly in Italian. Matelda is variation of cherished and ceaseless Matilda. Of Germanic and Old High German origin, Matilda, Matilda means "Strong in War, Battle-mighty and Fight". Matelda is derivative of Mathilde. Mathilde is version of desirable and perpetual Matilda. Also Mathilde is a version of lofty and venerable Mathilda. Mathilde came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Mathilde is "Might, Strength and Shield and Fight". Matelda is celebrated on March 14th.
Variants of MateldaNames that rhyme with Matelda
Popularity of Matelda
Matelda is a common baby name in Indonesia while it is somewhat familiar in Italy. According to our findings, at least 1000 people have been bestowed Matelda around the globe.
What numerology tells about Matelda?
Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff. You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before.
Looking for names similar to Matelda? Please go through the following names
- Cenae - New-fangled and Rarefied Cenaes origin is Italian and Roman, meaning of Cenae is "From the surname Cena and Supper" is a baby girl name. Cenae is feminine variant of Cena.
- Lelio - Lelio's meaning is Laevus or Talkative is used as a baby boy name that came from Latin and Greek is substantially used in Italian
- Gerolamo notably is used in Italian, meaning of Gerolamo is "Sacred Name", rooted from Old Greek is used as a baby boy name
- Secondo - Unwonted Secondos origin is Latin, meaning of Secondo is "Secundus or The Element Secundus Meaning Second-Born" which is primarily used in Italian is aimed at boys
- Condolisa - Condolisa's meaning is Sweetness is a baby girl name is rooted from Italian. Condolisa is derivative of Condoleezza.
Namesakes of Matelda
We could not find any notable namesake.