Mette meaning and origin
Prominent Mette is originated from Old Greek, Old High German and Germanic is used particulary in Swedish, Greenlandic, Low German, German, Nordic, Norwegian, Finnish, Old Norse, Danish and Scandinavian used for baby girls, Mette means "Might, Strength, Fight, Composition Of: 'Power' or 'Struggle' Namesake". Mette is a diminutive of Mechthild. Mechthild is variant of imperishable and famous Mathilde. Also Mechthild is form of commonly accepted and all time favorite Matilda. Mechthild is equivalent of Mahthilt in German language. Mechthild's meaning is Fight and 'Struggle' is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Mette is equivalent of Matilda in German language. Also Mette is equivalent of Mechthilde in German language. Also Mette is form of Merete in Danish language.
Variants of Mette
Almeta, Almeda, Metta, Matilda, Mechthilde, Merete, Macia, Matelda, Mathilde, Mechthild, Mechtilde, Margaret, Margarete, Mereta, Almea, Almida, Maciah, Mary, Miriam, Magthilde, Mathilda, Mahthilt, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Marguerite, Margareta, Meretha
View middle names that goes with Mette like Hede, Unia,Names that rhyme with Mette
Popularity of Mette
Mette was among the popular names in Denmark. Since emerging in 1985 around 9591 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1985, it ranked 2nd when 897 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 18 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Mette is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. Recently in 2016, 88 babies were given Mette and it reached its peak ranking, 159 on girl names chart. Over 377 people have been named Mette in Netherlands.
In Belgium, Mette is a unique name where it has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 400 names. In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 347 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Mette. There are over 262 babies that have been given the name Mette in Belgium. Mette is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1959 and peaked in 1959 when it ranked 5571st.
Mette is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Also, Mette is a familiar name in DR Congo, Germany, England, Greenland, Canada and Ivory Coast. At least, 70000 people globally have carried Mette as their given name according to our research.
Mette in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Mette
You believe planning revenge is a waste of energy and time and you use those doing something productive or noble. You influence people with your words, so make sure you say the right words. Your mood changes constantly because you are so fragile and sensitive. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps. You are highly resourceful and respectful around people who value honesty, justice, and dreams.
Do you like Mette? Other names you would love
- Panos - Queer boy name Panos means "The Elements Pan Meaning All Every and All Holy", used principally in Greek is of Old Greek origin. Panos is abridged form of Panagiotis.
- Magaly - Unfamiliar Magaly has its origin in Greek and Hebrew languages is used as a baby girl name and is specifically used in English and Spanish, Magaly means "Pearl"
- Aloodra - Meaning of Aloodra is Virgin is used in Arabic used as a girl name came from Old Greek
- Doritha means Gift, Gift of God and Gift and God is used as a girl name. It is rooted from Old Greek is particulary used in Finnish and Swedish. Doritha is derived from Dorothy.
- Mattia - Widespread unisex name Mattia means "Gift of Yahweh or God's Gift" has its roots in Hebrew is used in Greek, Italian and Danish
Namesakes of Mette
- Mette Bergmann, retired discus thrower from Kråkerøy, Norway
- Mette Gundersen, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Mette Schjoldager, Schjoldager competed in badminton at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Mette Andersen, Danish racing cyclist
- Mette Jacobsen, former freestyle and butterfly swimmer
- Mette Agnete Horn in Max Pinlig 3 - på Roskilde as Actress
- Mette Heeno in Terkel i knibe as Writer
- Mette Gregersen in Det som ingen ved as Actress
- Mette Holt in The Whispering as Actress
- Mette Lysdahl in Blodbrødre as Actress
- Mette Maria Ahrenkiel acted in movie Sort h�st
- Mette Riber Christoffersen portrayed crucial character of Maria in 2008 drama movie Preludium.
Lists having Mette
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ette
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (1998)
- Baby Names that mean Might
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Struggle