Pontius meaning and origin
Pontius's meaning is Man At the Bridge is prevalently used in Swedish used as a baby boy name is rooted from Latin. Pontius is a variation of biblical and popular Pontus. Pontus is a variant of biblical Pontianus. Pontus's meaning is Sea and Bridge is rooted from Latin and Old Greek. Pontius is variant form of biblical Pontian. Also Pontian is variant of biblical Pontianus. Pontian means Man from Pontia and Man At the Bridge is used principally in German and Swedish has its origin in Latin and German.
Variants of PontiusNames that rhyme with Pontius
Popularity of Pontius
Pontius is a familiar baby name in Indonesia and Uganda. As per our evaluation, over 500 babies have been bestowed Pontius around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Pontius
If you have letter S as your capstone, you don't respect people who don't respect themselves. Not everyone will be there to help you when you need a hand, just like you are there for everyone. You appreciate your time enough not to spend it on doing things you don't want and stupid people. You have people you love and who love you back. You are an attractive person with an impressive character and formed life values.
Do you like Pontius? You would love these names
- Domitienne - Domitienne means "House" is rooted from Latin language
- London - Darling and Venerable unisex name London is of English and Latin origin which is used principally in English language, meaning of London is "The Capital of the United Kingdom, From London or Fierce Ruler of the World"
- Lelia - Unfading and Desirable Lelia particulary is used in Italian, Dutch and Arabic, meaning of Lelia is "Lunar, Night Beauty or Talkative", a girl name has origin in Latin and Arabic
- Aidrian - The infrequent and fresh boy name Aidrian has origin in Latin, Aidrian means "Dark One and Adriatic from the Stem End". Aidrian is derivation of Adrian.
- Domoni means Lord, Of the Lord Belonging to God and Offered to the Lord is dominantly used in English has its roots in Latin is aimed at baby boys. Domoni is derivative of Dominic.
Namesakes of Pontius
- Pontius Pilate, Greek letters ΤΙΒΕΡΙΟΥ ΚΑΙΣΑΡΟΣ and date LIS surrounding simpulum
- Pontius Pilate's wife, in early Christian tradition
- Pontius Aquila, tribune of the plebs, probably