Ruy meaning and origin
Used dominantly in Spanish creative and adventurous, Ruy has origin in Germanic, Old High German and Celtic and is aimed at baby boys, Ruy means "Fame, Rich, Powerful or Power". Ruy is form of famed and enduring Roy. Roy is variant of "king"Conroy. Also Roy is version of Gilroy. Roy is also variation of Ruadh. Roy is also version of desirable and ceaseless Ronald. Roy is abridged form of Leroy. Also Roy is abridged form of Royal. Meaning of Roy is The Red and Regal is originated from French and Irish.
Variants of RuyNames that rhyme with Ruy
Popularity of Ruy
Ruy is an uncommon baby name in United States and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2007. But Ruy is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 6000 have the name. As per our research, over 30000 people has been named Ruy globally.
Numerological aspects of Ruy
People aren't always as nice as they seem. And your gentle heart can't take disappointments. You like the natural flow of things. If this is you then you are probably familiar with your habit of falling for the wrong person because you fall in love so quickly. You are extremely smart. You always find a creative way to express how you feel and turn your pain into some masterpiece. What others struggle to achieve comes out naturally for you.
Do you like Ruy? Read these names too
- Héctor - Héctors origin is Old Greek, meaning of Héctor is "Possess or Hold" which is used in Spanish is a boy name
- Aciano - New-fangled and Unconventional Aciano is used principally in Spanish has its origin in Spanish used for boys, Aciano means "The Blue Bottle Flower"
- Mema has its origin in Latin is specifically used in Spanish used as a girl name, Mema means "Rivaling and To Strive". Mema is derivative of Emily.
- Danna Sofía largely is used in Spanish is of Spanish origin, meaning of Danna Sofía is "Danna or Sofía" is used as a baby girl name
- Rosendo - Eminent and Ever lasting boy name Rosendo means "Famed Path or The Elements Hruod Meaning Fame", mostly used in Spanish has origin in Visigothic
Namesakes of Ruy
- Ruy González de Clavijo, Castilian traveller and writer
- Ruy Teixeira, American political scientist and commentator
- Ruy Luís Gomes, Portuguese mathematician and founder of the Abel Salazar Biomedical Sciences Institute
- Ruy de Freitas, Brazilian basketball player,
- Ruy López de Villalobos, Spanish explorer
- Ruy López de Segura, Spanish priest and later bishop in Segura whose 1561 book 'Libro de la invención liberal y arte del juego del Axedrez' was one of the first definitive books about modern chess
- Ruy Ramos, football biography
- Ruy Bueno Neto, Brazilian footballer
- Ruy Guerra, Portuguese-Brazilian film director, screenwriter
- Ruy Ohtake, architect born on January 27, 1938,
- Ruya Koman in Before We Lose as Producer
- Ruy Belo Ruy de Moura Belo was a Portuguese poet.
- Ruy Coelho is the composer of movie Ala-Arriba!