Samanta name meaning
On This Page
What does Samanta mean?
Uncommon girl name Samanta has origin in English and Hebrew commonly used in German, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Hindi, French, English, Swedish, Malayalam, Danish, Telugu, Finnish, Tamil, Bengali, Norwegian and Gujarati languages, Samanta means "Hearing One, Listening One, Equality or Bordering".
Samanta is variant of perpetual, in vogue and noteworthy Samantha. Samantha is variant of prominent Samanta. Originated from German and English, Offbeat Samantha, Samantha means "Listener and God Heard".
Variants of SamantaNames that rhyme with Samanta
How popular is the name Samanta?
Samanta is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2000, it ranked 1898th when 98 girl were named Samanta.
Over 1728 people have been named Samanta in United States. In England and Wales, Samanta is a unique name where it has been in use since 1997 and has secured the place in top 1000 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 925 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Samanta. There are over 341 babies that have been given the name Samanta in England and Wales.
Also, in France, it has been in use since 1968 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1993, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 830 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Samanta.
Over 599 babies in France have been named Samanta.
Samanta is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1969 but could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 148 people have been named Samanta in Ireland. But Samanta is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, India and Bangladesh.
As per our research, over 50000 babies have been bestowed Samanta around the globe.
Samanta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Samanta?
You often denies your emotions and suppress your rage when you should be expressing it in a healthy way like exercising or meditating. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Go through the following names similar to Samanta
- Kanan - Used largely in Indian, Bengali and Tamil fashinable and far-out, Kanan is of Hebrew and Tamil origin, Kanan means "Dark Forest or Jungle" is aimed at both sexes
- Mangala principally is used in Kannada, Oriya and Sikh, meaning of Mangala is "Good Song or Auspicious" that originated from Sanskrit is a gender insensitive name
- Vikranta - The boy name Vikranta has origin in Sanskrit and is notably used in Hindi and Malayalam languages, Vikranta means "Bold or Brave"
- Ramani - Unusual Ramani is used predominantly in Marathi and Malayalam, Ramani means "Beautiful Woman or Happy" and a gender insensitive name has its origin in Sanskrit
- Meghana - Unfamiliar Meghana is originated from Sanskrit aimed at baby girls, Meghana means "Cloud, Rain or River Ganges" is used primarily in Malayalam, Gujarati and Sindhi
Famous people named Samanta
- Samanta Babic, from 2005 sci-fi film Ultra-Toxic, who played Diane.
Lists having Samanta
- Girl names beginning with S
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Sam
- Baby Names that mean Hearing
- Baby Names that mean One