Shoshana name meaning
On This Page
What does Shoshana mean?
Shoshana is derived from Shoshannah. Shoshannah is equivalent of Susanna in Hebrew language.
How do I pronounce Shoshana?
The three syllabled name Shoshana is pronounced, sh(o)-sha-na.
Variants of Shoshana
Middle Names for Shoshana
Aela, Reen, Helene, Margarette, Hailie, view more middle names that goes with ShoshanaNames that rhyme with Shoshana
How popular is the name Shoshana?
Shoshana used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1948 and over 4743 babies have been given the name in 70 years. At the peak of its usage in 1984,.
However after 70 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Shoshana is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000.
Over 193 babies in England and Wales have been named Shoshana. In France, it has been in use since 1990 and achieved its top ranking of 2547 in 2013.
Also, Shoshana is a familiar name in Canada, England and Brazil.
At least, 5000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Shoshana in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Shoshana?
You are born to boss around or teach people how to be independent and fair, something like a motivational speaker or a lawyer. Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. You are a guardian angel for life for those loyal to you. You deliver your promises. This is why people trust you with their life. You've come across many backstabbers in your life, so you can recognize when you see one.
Do you like Shoshana? Other names you would love
- Gazit - Girl name Gazit is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Gazit is "Hewn Stone"
- Jered - Well-Known boy name Jered is especially used in English and Dutch and of Hebrew origin, Jered means "Descent or Form of Jared"
- Yvanie - Yvanie's meaning is God is Merciful. Its origin is in Hebrew is used majorly in Slavic
- Raphaella - Unfamiliar Raphaellas origin is Hebrew bestowed upon baby girls, used in Portuguese, meaning of Raphaella is "God has Healed"
- Koren - Infrequent unisex name Koren is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Koren is "One who is Gleaming"
Famous people named Shoshana
- Shoshana Rudiakov, Latvian pianist and music educator
- Shoshana Bean, American singer, songwriter, recording artist
- Shoshana Johnson, Panamanian-born former United States soldier
- Shoshana Damari, Israeli singer known as the "Queen of Hebrew Music
- Shoshana Felman, American literary critic and current Woodruff Professor of Comparative Literature and French at Emory University
- Shoshana Zuboff, author and scholar whose new work, 'The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power', integrates her lifelong themes: the digital revolution
- Shoshana Roberts in How to Lose Your Virginity as Miscellaneous Crew
- Shoshana Rubin in Ocean's Eleven as Costume and Wardrobe Department
- Shoshana Sperling in Interviews with My Next Girlfriend as Actress
- Shoshana Bush in Dance Flick as Actress
- Shoshana Ami is notable for her acting in movie When It's Over
Lists having Shoshana
- Girl names beginning with S
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -hana
- Baby Names that mean Lily
- Baby Names that mean Rose
- Baby Names that mean Beauty