Slim meaning and origin
Rare boy name Slim has its origin in Arabic and English, used predominantly in Arabic language, meaning of Slim is "Healthy, Without Fault, Body and Mind or A Slender Man".Names that rhyme with Slim
Popularity of Slim
Slim is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1955 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1977, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 443 on boy names chart when 43 babies were named Slim. Over 925 babies in France have been named Slim. The given name is a rare baby name in United States and may not be used now. But Slim is a popular baby name in Tunisia where every 1 in 400 have the name. At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological analysis of Slim
No one can hurt you unless you let it. Understanding others is your specialty, but you never expect people to do for you, what you are willing to do for them. Passion doesn't last much but respect and care do. You don't allow yourself to get carried away and take advantage of people only because they like you and admire your personality. You are attentive to details and small things can annoy you because you know that they matter the most.
Looking for a name like Slim? Please go through the following names
- Kabshah chiefly is used in Arabic, meaning of Kabshah is "She was a Companion or She was the Daughter of Sabit Bin Al-munzir Al-ansari" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Shakyra - Queer girl name Shakyra means "Thankful One or Love" and is used in Arabic has its origin in Arabic language
- Sakhee - Used majorly in Arabic, Sakhee is used normally as a boy name, Sakhee means "Liberal or Generous"
- Misaq - Boy name Misaq means "Pact, Agreement or Covenant" is chiefly used in Arabic
- Abu-at-Tayyib is used principally in Arabic bestowed upon boys, Abu-at-Tayyib means "The Fater of Tayyib"
Namesakes of Slim
- Slim Goodbody,
- Slim Williams, promoter of the Alaska Highway in 1930's
- Slim Williamson, owned several record labels
- Slim Pickens, Louis Burton Lindley Jr
- Slim Dusty, Australian country music singer-songwriter
- Slim Harpo, American blues musician
- Slim Gaillard, American jazz singer and songwriter
- Slim Borgudd, Swedish former Formula One driver
- Slim Brundage, "founder and janitor" of the College of Complexes
- Slim Whitman, American country music
- Slim Jim Phantom, drummer for Stray Cats
- Slim Thug, American rapper
- Slim Smith, ska, rocksteady and reggae singer
- Slim Cessna's Auto Club, American experimental rock band, originally
- Slim Dunlap, American rock musician
- Slim Aarons, American photographer noted for photographing socialites
- Slim Moon, founder of the American independent music label
- Slim Summerville, American film actor
- Slim Keith, American New York socialite and fashion icon during the 1950s and 1960s
- Slim Emmerich, American professional baseball player
- Slim Bryant, American country music singer-songwriter
- Slim Sallee, professional baseball player
- Slim Love, American professional baseball pitcher
- Slim Harriss, American professional baseball pitcher
- Slim Khezri in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End as Actor
- Slim Twig in Dog Pound as Actor
- Slim Whitaker in Bullet Code as Actor
- In 1925, Slim Allen played the role of Sheriff Cutter in western movie The Human Tornado.
- Slim Andrews, from 1942 action and adventure movie The Cyclone Kid, who played the 'Pop' Smith.