Sumit meaning and origin
Sumit means Good Friend or Well Measured is used as a boy name is largely used in Kannada, English, Telugu, Marathi, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam and Gujarati.
Variants of SumitNames that rhyme with Sumit
Popularity of Sumit
Sumit is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 29 years of usage and 250 bearers, the name could just made to the top 2338 names in 1982 before vanishing in 2008. Over 250 people have been named Sumit in United States. It had a short run of 9 years on England and Wales boy names chart. However things change on global perspective, Sumit is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 4000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Thailand, Bangladesh and Nepal. At least, 450000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological aspects of Sumit
You want to be surrounded by great minds that talk about ideas, achievements and changing the world. You take things too personally and it's affecting your mental health in a negative way. Give people a chance to prove their loyalty and love. With time you will see that working something you hate just for the money isn't worth it. So, why don't you chase your dreams instead? You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned.
Looking for names similar to Sumit? Please go through the following names
- Harlean means Meadow of the Hare and Heap of Rocks commonly used for both genders has origin in Old English. Harlean is derivative of Harley.
- Woolcott - Boy name Woolcott means "Foreigners Cottage" is originated from English language. Woolcott is derived from Wolcott.
- Hallsee - Meaning of Hallsee is From Hal's Island and Channel of Water aimed at boys is originated from English. Hallsee is resulted from Halsey.
- Dixan means Son of Dick, Richard's Son and Son of Richard used for boys is originated from English. Dixan is resultant of Dixon.
- Lyndan - Meaning of Lyndan is Lime Tree Hill, Flexible and Lives by the Linden Tree Hill is of Old English origin is used as a gender insensitive name. Lyndan is derived from Lyndon.
Namesakes of Sumit
- Sumit Sarkar, Indian historian of modern India
- Sumitra Devi in Jagte Raho as Actress
- Sumitra Mukherjee in Paromitar Ek Din as Actress
- Sumitra Bhave in Dahavi pha as Director
- Sumita Sanyal in Anand as Actress
- Sumit Bhardwaj in Gandhi to Hitler as Actor
- Sumit Kaul in Haider as Actor
- Sumit Arora in Bachna Ae Haseeno as Actor
- In 2013, Sumit Nijhawan played the role of Tarun Singh in thriller flick Maazii.
- Sumit Naval characterized pivotal character of Bijo in 2007 action and crime flick Big B.