Thompson name meaning
On This Page
What does Thompson mean?
Of Aramaic origin, Customary and Conifer Thompson means "Twin or Derives from Thomas" which is mainly used in English is aimed at both genders. Thompson is version of biblical, enduring and lofty Thomas.
Also Thomas is equivalent of Aramaic תָּאוֹמָא = Twin in Greek and Latin languages. Thomas's meaning is Twin and Gemini is rooted from Aramaic and Hebrew.
How about the name Thompson for a baby?
Thompson is a unique and rare baby boy name that has its origins in the Aramaic language. It means "twin," which adds a special significance to the name.
What makes Thompson stand out from other names is its strong and distinct sound, making it easy to remember and pronounce. It's an excellent choice for parents who are looking for a name that is not too common but still has a significant meaning.
How do I pronounce Thompson?
The two syllabled name Thompson is pronounced, th(o)-mp-son. The name can also be pronounced as thom-pson.
Variants of ThompsonNames that rhyme with Thompson
How popular is the name Thompson?
Thompson is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1887, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 679 on boy names chart when 76 babies were named Thompson.
There are over 2369 babies that have been given the name Thompson in United States. Thompson is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. But Thompson is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 20000 have the name.
According to our findings, at least 30000 people have been bestowed Thompson around the globe.
What numerology tells about Thompson?
You have a specific taste in people. You don't hang around with just anyone. However, this is why people respect you. Share your knowledge and positive energy. It's what you are best at. Everything you have, you acquired alone, thanks to your hard work and putting your best efforts into achieving your goals. Pay attention to your friends. Not everyone wishes you well. You are inspiring and have a strong charisma.
Looking for names similar to Thompson? Please go through the following names
- Valleri - Curious girl name Valleri is notably used in English, meaning of Valleri is "To be Healthy and To be Strong" came from Latin. Valleri is a variant transcription of Valerie.
- Odam - Odam's meaning is Son in Law used for boys is used commonly in English
- Braiden - Renowned Braiden is originated from Celtic and Old Irish is a gender-neutral name, Braiden means "Descendant of Bradan" is used in English
- Cadena - Meaning of Cadena is With Rhythm used for girls. Its origin is in English is used particulary in English
- Medora - Celebrated and Perennial girl name Medora is used specifically in English, meaning of Medora is "Kluge or Skillful" has origin in English
Middle names for Thompson
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Thompson, we've got you covered with these in vogue and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Thompson.
Famous people named Thompson
- Thompson Samkange, major figure
- Thompson Twins, British pop band that formed in April 1977
- Thompson, Croatian heavy metal band,
- Thompson García, former boxer from Ecuador
- Thompson Usiyan, retired Nigerian football player
- Thompson Oliha, Nigerian professional football midfielder of Edo origin
- Thompson Campbell, U.S. Representative from Illinois
- Thompson W. McNeely, U.S. Representative from Illinois
- Thompson H. Murch, nineteenth-century politician, stonecutter, editor
- Thompson Capper, highly decorated and senior British Army officer
- Actor Thompson Blake, notable for TV series The Rolling Soldier
- Thompson Kao Kang, from 1973 action, drama movie Guai ke, who played N.
Lists having Thompson
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- Aramaic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -son
- Baby Names that mean Twin