Xu name meaning
On This Page
What does Xu mean?
Meaning of Xu is Brilliant Rising Sun used for boys which of Chinese origin is especially used in Chinese.
Does Xu work as a baby name?
Xu is a Chinese baby boy name that is widely recognized for its unique and strong sound, making it an exceptional choice for parents looking for a distinct name for their little one.
The name's origin lies in Chinese culture, with the meaning "brilliant rising sun," giving parents an opportunity to impart positive values and association with the child's identity. Xu offers an excellent alternative to more common names while still providing a sense of cultural heritage and tradition.
Its simplicity makes it easy to spell, pronounce and remember, making Xu a perfect choice for parents seeking a contemporary yet classic name that will stand the test of time.
How do I pronounce Xu?
xu is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Xu.Names that rhyme with Xu
How popular is the name Xu?
Xu is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. Xu is a rare baby name in United States there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Xu is a popular baby name in China where every 1 in 40000 have the name as well as in, Vietnam, Singapore and Hong Kong. At least, 70000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Xu
You are compassionate, aware, and full of understanding. Everything you have, you acquired alone, thanks to your hard work and putting your best efforts into achieving your goals. You are an example of how a true friend and perfect lover should look like if no 6 is your personality number. If someone catches your eye, you are into the person before you even know it. However, this affects your self-confidence in a negative way.
Looking for a name like Xu? Please go through the following names
- Yurie - Used commonly in Japanese atypical, Yurie aimed at baby girls and of Japanese origin, Yurie means "Grace of the Lily"
- Mytsu - Meaning of Mytsu is Honey and Of the Light is originated from Japanese is a boy name. Mytsu is derivation of Mitsu.
- Yoshiko - The prevailing girl name Yoshiko is chiefly used in Japanese, Yoshiko means "Good Child" is originated from Japanese
- Mareo - Queer boy name Mareo means "Uncommon" is originated from Japanese language
- Takako - The rare girl name Takako is originated from Japanese, Takako means "Noble Child" is chiefly used in Japanese
Famous people named Xu
- Xu Wei, Ming dynasty Chinese painter, poet
- Xu Ke, Chinese author
- Xu Zhihong, botanist and former President of Peking University
- Xu Fancheng, Chinese scholar and translator
- Xu Yongyue, member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China
- Xu Pingjun, empress during Han Dynasty
- Xu Shuzheng, Chinese warlord in Republican China
- Xu You, adviser serving under the warlord Yuan Shao during the late Eastern Han dynasty of China
- Xu Xianzhi, high-level official of the Chinese dynasty Liu Song
- Xu Xing, Chinese paleontologist
- Xu Mian, official of the Chinese dynasty Liang dynasty
- Xu Youyu, Chinese scholar
- Xu Aihui, Chinese race walker
- Xu Yuanlang, agrarian rebel leader
- Xu Daoning, Chinese painter of the Northern Song Dynasty
- Xu Zihua, Chinese poet
- Xu Jialu, vice-chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and was head of the College of Chinese Language and Culture at Beijing Normal University
- Xu Jiyu, native of Wutai County in Shanxi
- Xu Yushi,
- Xu Yuanquan, Kuomintang general
- Xu Jian, Chinese softball player
- Xu Yinchuan, is one of the world's best players in Xiangqi
- Xu Xingde, Chinese race walker
- Xu Dan, male Chinese sports shooter, specializing
- Xu Demei, former track and field athlete from PR China,
- Xu Shichang, President of the Republic of China, in Beijing
- Xu Huang, military general serving under the warlord Cao Cao
- Xu Xiangqian, Chinese Communist military leader and one of the Ten Marshals of the People's Liberation Army
- Xu Sheng, military general serving under the warlord Sun Quan
- Xu Shouhui, 14th-century Chinese rebel leader
- Xu Shu, official of the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period of China
- Xu Zhimo, early 20th-century Chinese poet
- Xu Shen, Chinese scholar-official and philologist of the Eastern Han Dynasty
- Xu Jun, chessinchina
- Xu Dishan, Chinese author, translator and folklorist
- Xu Bing, Chinese artist
- Xu Xiake, Chinese travel writer and geographer of the Ming Dynasty
- Xu Chu, military general
- Xu Beihong, Chinese painter born in Yixing, Jiangsu province
- Xu Caihou, Chinese general
- Xu Yuhua, Chinese chess grandmaster and former Women's World Champion
- Xu Guangqi, Chinese scholar-bureaucrat, Catholic convert
- Xu Kuangdi, Chinese politician and scientist
- Xu Zhonglin, Chinese writer who lived in the Ming dynasty
- Xu Yongchang, Minister of Board of Military Operations of the Republic of China between December 22, 1948, and April 22, 1949
- Xu Wei, Chinese rock musician
- Xu Rong, military general serving under the warlord Dong Zhuo during the late Eastern Han dynasty of China
- Xu Jing, official of the state of Shu Han
- Xu Gong, official and minor warlord
- Xu Miao, official of the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period of China
- Xu Ailing in Huo Yuanjia as Actress
- Xuan Zhou in Malu tianshi as Actress
- Xueying Zhao in Kekexili as Actress
- Xu Chen, from 1951 drama movie Cai feng shuang fei, who played Jin Sanbao.
- Xu Xie played minor character of Yu Mei in 1991 crime flick Hei ying.
- In 2012, Xu Xiyan characterized the role of N in adventure and drama movie Lost.
Lists having Xu
- Boy names beginning with X
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant
- Baby Names that mean Rising
- Baby Names that mean Sun