Aamir name meaning
On This Page
What does Aamir mean?
Aamir means Full, Prosperous, Amply Settled, Civilised or Populous used for both sexes is originated from English and Arabic is used chiefly in Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Arabic and Sindhi. Aamir is resultant of Amir.
Also Amir is equivalent of The Arabic Name أمير = Prince in Latin language. Amir is also equivalent of The Arabic Name عمرو = Populous, Flourishing, Prosperous in Latin language. Unfamiliar Amir came from Arabic language, meaning of Amir is "Prince Ruler, Sheaf and Treetop".
Names that rhyme with Aamir
How popular is the name Aamir?
Aamir is a common name in United States given to over 1984 babies in 43 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2015, it ranked 1255th when 143 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Aamir is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 379 on boy names chart when 57 babies were given the name Aamir.
Over 602 people have been named Aamir in England and Wales.
However things change on global perspective, Aamir is extremely popular in Pakistan where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in India, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. According to our estimate, at least 220000 people have been bestowed Aamir around the globe.
What numbers say about Aamir?
Having number 11 as your soul urge no symbolizes your wandering nature. However, you live by other people's rules and social restrictions which is not good for you. Even though you are a sensitive person, you hate being around people who don't have a problem with expressing their emotions. You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it. You don't bother with explaining much because people hear only what they want to hear.
Other names similar to Aamir
- Sharaheel is used in Arabic and Sindhi, Sharaheel means "Ibn Abdul Hameed had this Name or Narrator of Hadith" is given to boys
- Lutf is used primarily in Arabic and Arabic bestowed upon both genders, Lutf means "Favour from Allah or Friendliness"
- Wahban is used in Sindhi and Arabic is a baby boy name, Wahban means "Giving, Grant or Donation"
- Yamamah is used dominantly in Sindhi and Arabic is a baby girl name, Yamamah means "Valley in Arabia"
- Kadir - Of Arabic, Sanskrit and Quran origin, Anomalous Kadir is used majorly in Arabic and English, Kadir means "Ray of Light or Able" is a baby boy name
Famous people named Aamir
- Aamir Ageeb, Sudanese
- Aamir Khan, Indian film actor
- Aamir Zaki, Saudi born Pakistani guitarist-songwriter
- Aamir Liaquat Hussain, controversial Pakistani television host and politician
- Aamir Ghaffar, Pakistani badminton player
- Aamir Atlas Khan, Pakistani professional squash player
- Aamir Bashir in Haider as Actor
- Aamir Ali Malik in Khamosh Pani: Silent Waters as Actor
- Aamir Sajjad in Nation Awakes as Actor
- Aamir Smith in Jermaine Jackson/Angie Everhart/Elisabeth Rohm/Jose Canseco as Actor
Lists having Aamir
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Full
- Baby Names that mean Prosperous