Edwige name meaning
What does Edwige mean?
Edwige is used particulary in Italian and French is of Old Norse, Old High German and Germanic origin and a baby girl name, Edwige means "Fight, Battle, War or Wealth and ". Edwige is a resultant of Edda. Edda is variation of Hedda. Edda is short form of names with "Ed". Edda is Italian equivalent of Hedda or Hedwig. Also Edda is German form of Eda. Edda means Pleasant, Rejuvenation and With Clear Goals came from Germanic and German. It is celebrated on October 16th.
How do I pronounce Edwige?
Three syllabled Edwige is pronounced as ed-WEEG. e-dwi-ge or ed-wige are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Edwige
Haduwig, Hedwig, Hadwig, Edvige, Hetty, Helvig, Harriet, HeilwigNames that rhyme with Edwige
How popular is the name Edwige?
Edwige was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1900 around 21163 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 1974, it ranked 108th when 558 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 188 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 122 times But Edwige is a popular baby name in Cameroon where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Congo, Benin, Central African Republic, Ivory Coast, Togo, Ethiopia and Madagascar. At least, 110000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Edwige in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Edwige?
You don't have to struggle to get the things you want because you are born under a lucky star. You believe traveling helps you grow your spiritual potential. You are a good listener, and always give the best advice, especially when it comes to relationships. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless.
Other names similar to Edwige, for soon-to-be-parents
- Markwees - Markwees's meaning is The Marquis is of Old French origin is used as a baby boy name. Markwees is derived from Marquis.
- Wallach - Wallach's meaning is Welshman or From Wales is rooted from Old French and Germanic, specifically used in English and German is used as a boy name
- Wallis - Meaning of Wallis is Welsh Root End or Foreign is mainly used in English and English is a gender-neutral name has its origin in Old French
- Matthewsun is originated from English is used as a baby boy name, Matthewsun means "To Make and Mason". Matthewsun is derived from Mason.
- Chapen - The boy name Chapen came from French, Chapen means "Scholar". Chapen is derived from Chapin.
Sibling Names for Edwige
Looking for a sibling name that pairs perfectly with Edwige? Look no further than this list of carefully curated names! From classic choices to modern picks, there's something here for every family's style and personality. Check out these names to find the perfect match for your little one.
Names for Edwige's sister
Brother for Edwige
Famous people named Edwige
- Edwige Fenech, French-born Italian actress and film producer of Italian and Maltese descent
- Edwige Feuillère, distinguished French stage and film actress
- Edwige Lawson-Wade, French professional women's basketball player
- Edwige Bart is famous for her acting in movie Les chiffonniers d'Emma�s
Lists having Edwige
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Wealth