Ferris meaning and origin
Originated from Gaelic, Irish, English and Old Greek, Popular and All time favorite Ferris is used mostly as a gender-neutral name and is prevalently used in English, Ferris means "Iron Worker or Rock". Ferris is version of biblical Piers. Piers is a variation of evergreen, cherished and biblical Pierce. Of Old Greek origin, Cherished and Evergreen Piers is used majorly in English, Piers means "Rock and The Stone".
Variants of FerrisNames that rhyme with Ferris
Popularity of Ferris
Ferris is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1893 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1902, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 744 on boy names chart when 53 babies were named Ferris. There are over 2809 babies that have been given the name Ferris in United States. Ferris is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 2707th.
Also, Ferris is a familiar name in Indonesia, Zimbabwe and Jamaica. At least, 2000 people globally have carried Ferris as their given name according to our estimate.
Ferris in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ferris
You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura. Nothing and no one can keep you amused for too long. You are talkative only with people who have something smart to say. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. You want to be surrounded with self-confident people who choose to work on success over complaining, talking about great things over gossiping, and solitude over you sometimes.
Other names similar to Ferris
- Aleksej - Unconventional and Modern boy name Aleksej means "Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" which is commonly used in Swedish and Slovenian is of Old Greek origin
- Procopius is used substantially in Greek is used in general as a boy name has origin in Old Greek. Procopius is equivalent of The Greek Name Προκοπιος: in Latin language
- Tamino - Germanic, German and Greek name Tamino means "Little Lord, Master from Greek Tamias = Lord, Master or 'Lord", chiefly used in Swedish and German is given to baby boys
- Dámaso came from Old Greek language is a boy name mostly used in Spanish, meaning of Dámaso is "Tamer"
- Sinara - Origin of Sinara is in Old Greek, meaning of Sinara is "Artichoke" is a girl name. Sinara is derivation of Cynara.
Namesakes of Ferris
- Ferris Greenslet, American editor and writer
- Ferris de Joux, designer, engineer and constructor of sports cars
- Ferris Fain, American baseball first baseman
- Ferris MC, German musician, rapper and actor
- Ferris Webster, American film editor with approximately seventy-two film credits
- Ferris Ashton, Australian rugby league footballer
- Ferris Jacobs Jr., Ferris Jacobs Jr
- Ferris Taylor, American film actor
- Ferris M.C. in Für den unbekannten Hund as Actor