Filipa meaning and origin
Infrequent and Contemporary Filipa has its origin in Old Greek language bestowed upon baby girls, used in Polish, Finnish, Danish, Russian, Norwegian, Swedish and Slavic, Filipa means "Friend and Horse". Filipa is variant of desirable and biblical Philippa. Philippa is feminine variant of Philippus. Also Philippa is feminine form of Philipp. Philippa means Friend of Horses, Friend and Horse and Lover of Horses Friend of Horses is originated from Old Greek. The name is celebrated on May 3rd.
Variants of FilipaNames that rhyme with Filipa
Popularity of Filipa
Filipa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 2802 (2004) in its 13 years run on England and Wales naming chart. In France, it has been in use since 1971 and achieved its top ranking of 2103 in 1971. Filipa is a rare baby name in United States still in use today. But Filipa is a popular baby name in Portugal where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Angola and Mozambique. As per our research, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Filipa around the globe.
Filipa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Filipa
Try to be more compassionate and humane. You have to learn that what you give is what you get in life. You do things for people even if it makes you feel miserable. You are a disciplined person is what number 8 as your expression number as to say about you. You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition.
Looking for names similar to Filipa? Please go through the following names
- Margarette - Long standing and Well-Liked Margarette is used in English is rooted from Greek and Old Greek used for baby girls, Margarette means "Pearl"
- Veronice - Of Old Greek origin, Atypical Veronice means "Faith and Bringing Victory" is a girl name. Veronice is derived from Veronica.
- Ciri - Of Old Greek origin, Unwonted Ciri bestowed upon baby girls, Ciri means "Ladylike"
- Zofie - Unexpected choice and Modernistic Old Greek Zofie is particulary used in Czech, meaning of Zofie is "Wisdom" is used for baby girls
- Katelinn - Infrequent unisex name Katelinn means "Medieval English Form of the Irish Caitlin or Pure". It is rooted from Old Greek is used prevalently in English and English
Namesakes of Filipa
- Filipa Areosa in Episode #9.220 as Actress
- Filipa Maia in Episode #1.239 as Actress
- Filipa Sousa Filipa Alexandra Nunes Alves de Sousa known as Filipa Sousa, is a Portuguese singer.
- Filipa Batista is famous for her acting in TV series Jasmim: O Sonho do Cinema