Dervla name meaning
What does Dervla mean?
Girl name Dervla is originated from Irish and Gaelic, Dervla means "Daughter of a Poet" is used especially in English.
Variants of Dervla
View middle names that goes with Dervla like Zyna, Elle, Xoey, Jnae, Zelie, Tyia,Names that rhyme with Dervla
How popular is the name Dervla?
Dervla is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1997 when it ranked 1666th. In Ireland, it has been in use since 1966 but could not make beyond the top 300. Over 350 people have been named Dervla in Ireland. As per our findings, over 300 people has been named Dervla globally.
What numbers say about Dervla?
If you can buy it with money, it means it's cheap. You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted. You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them. When it comes to career, you prefer to take the easier road but realize soon that it's not the best way. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind.
Parents who liked Dervla, loved these names
- Huxly is originated from Old English is a baby boy name, Huxly means "From Hugh's Meadow" is used in English
- Linley - Meaning of Linley is From the Flax Field or Flax Meadow used for both sexes used especially in English is originated from English
- Wiellatun - Wiellatun's meaning is From the Spring Farm is used principally in English is a boy name
- Crosley - Of English origin, Anomalous and Contemporary Crosley bestowed upon both boys and girls used in English, Crosley means "From the Cross Meadow or Meadow of the Cross"
- Skeet - Particulary used in English unheard-of, Skeet has origin in English, meaning of Skeet is "Swift" is used as a baby boy name
Famous people named Dervla
- Dervla Murphy, Irish touring cyclist and author of adventure travel books for over 40 years
- Dervla Kirwan, Irish television and stage actress