Galvin name meaning
What does Galvin mean?
Originated from Gaelic, Irish and Welsh, Offbeat Galvin is prevalently used in English and Gaelic used as a boy name, Galvin means "Sparrow or Bright White". Galvin is a resultant of Gavin. Gavin means Little Hawk, White Hawk of Battle and Gwalch Which Means Hawk is of Celtic and Welsh origin.
How do I pronounce Galvin?
The two syllabled name Galvin is commonly pronounced as g(a)-lvin. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., gal-vin.
Variants of GalvinNames that rhyme with Galvin
How popular is the name Galvin?
Galvin is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 82 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 846 babies in United States have been named Galvin. It had a short run of 6 years on France boy names chart. Galvin is a rare baby name in England and Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given. Also, Galvin is a familiar name in Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. At least, 1000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Galvin?
You are a fighter for good but always attract the worst people in your life. You push yourself to your limits and beyond. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. You never settle for less. The sky is your only limit. You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. You are interested in learning new and exciting things.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Galvin
- Gawyn - Boy name Gawyn is used majorly in English. Its origin is in Welsh, meaning of Gawyn is "Battle Hawk or White Falcon"
- Wenda - Rare girl name Wenda is rooted from Welsh and Germanic, meaning of Wenda is "Form of Wendy or Fair One" is used in English
- Bronwynn - Bronwynn's meaning is Fair Bossomed and The Words Bron Which Means Breast is used in English and Welsh has its roots in Welsh is used as a baby girl name. Bronwynn is another transcription of Bronwen.
- Eilwinne - Originated from Welsh, Eilwinne means "Like White" is commonly given to baby girls. Eilwinne is resulted from Eilwen.
- Alis - Widely Accepted unisex name Alis is primarily used in Finnish and Norwegian is originated from Germanic. Alis is Nordic cognate of Aliz
Sibling Names for Galvin
Choosing a perfect name for your newborn is a big responsibility. If you've decided on the name "Galvin" for your little one, it's time to start thinking about sibling names that complement it. We've rounded up some of the best sibling names for Galvin that are sure to make your family complete!
Sister for Galvin
Brother to Galvin
Famous people named Galvin
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Galvin
- Boy names beginning with G
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Gaelic Boy Names
- Irish Boy Names
- Welsh Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -vin
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Bright