Aileen name meaning
What does Aileen mean?
Durable and Darling Aileen primarily is used in Gaelic, Finnish, Norwegian, Irish, English, German, Swedish, Scottish and Danish is originated from Old Greek and Old French is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Aileen is "Aveline, Eveline, Power or Shining". Aileen is Irish, German and English equivalent of Eileen. Also Aileen is Irish equivalent of Helen.
How do I pronounce Aileen?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Aileen as eye-leenoray-leen. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., a(i)-leen or ay-leen.
Variants of Aileen
Aibhilin, Aveline, Aeleen, Alline, Adelaide, Alana, Alina, Aline, Alene, Adela, Alena, Eileen, Magdalena, Ileen, Ilene, Helen, Eibhlin, Ailee, Eyleen, Helene, Elle, Leona, Helenmarie
How popular is the name Aileen?
Aileen was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 34849 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1926, the moniker grabbed the 289th spot and 684 baby girls were given the name. However after 137 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 51 times
Aileen used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1964 and over 2476 babies have been given the name in 54 years. When at its peak in 1983,. But after 54 years, the name has lost its ground and appears to be dropping out of sight. Aileen is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 162 babies in England and Wales have been named Aileen. In France, it has been in use since 1980 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 289 people have been named Aileen in France. Also, it is among the top 400 girl names in Switzerland. There are over 281 babies that have been given the name Aileen in Switzerland. Also, it appeared first time in 1995 on baby girl names list of Belgium.
But Aileen is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England and Scotland. As per our research, over 170000 people has been named Aileen globally.
Aileen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Aileen?
having the letter A as your cornerstone reveals your strong attitude and leadership. At work, you are the innovator and researcher always focused on finding creative ways to solve things and improve the company's progress. You are dominant in your circle of friends. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You have a positive influence on people but gather their negativity instead of positivity on a daily basis. It drains you.
Other names similar to Aileen, for name hunters
- Grégoria - The Grégoria has its origin in Greek, meaning of Grégoria is "To Watch"
- Jolanna means Illustrious Roman Family and Violets Bloom came from Old Greek is mainly used for girls. Jolanna is derivative of Jolan.
- Sanders - Meaning of Sanders is Son of Alexander or Defender of Mankind is principally used in English which originated from Old Greek and English is used for both boys and girls
- Saloma - Unexpected choice and Enduring Saloma came from English, Greek and Hebrew is primarily used in Finnish, Faroese and Danish is a girl name, meaning of Saloma is "Peaceful"
- Altheda - Unconventional Altheda came from Old Greek language, meaning of Altheda is "Like a Blossom or Healer" bestowed upon baby girls is used prevalently in English
Middle names for Aileen
Below are sweet and familiar middle names we think go particularly well with Aileen:
View more middle names that goes with Aileen.
Sibling Names for Aileen
Are you searching for the perfect sibling name to go with Aileen? Look no further! We've compiled a list of beautiful and unique baby names that would make great sibling names for your little Aileen. From classic to modern, there's something on this list for everyone.
Sister to Aileen
For a brother
Famous people named Aileen
- Aileen Eaton, boxing and professional wrestling promoter
- Aileen Britton, Australian actress of theatre, radio
- Aileen Plant, leading Australian infectious diseases epidemiologist
- Aileen Stanley, musical artist
- Aileen Carroll, former politician in Ontario, Canada
- Aileen Riggin, American competition swimmer and diver
- Aileen Raymond, English television and stage actress
- Aileen Pringle, American stage and film actress during the silent film era
- Aileen Tan, Singaporean actress
- Aileen Paterson, Scottish writer and illustrator
- Aileen Fox, English archaeologist
- Aileen Meagher, Canadian athlete
- Aileen Quinn, American actress, singer and dancer
- Aileen Campbell, Scottish Scottish National Party politician serving as Cabinet Secretary for Communities and Local Government since 26 June 2018 and Member of the Scottish Parliament for Clydesdale
- Aileen Gunther, officeholder
- Aileen Fisher, American writer of more than a hundred children's books
- Aileen Ritchie in The Closer You Get as Director
- Aileen Acain in Beverly Hills Cop III as Actress
- Aileen Henry in Jimmy's Hall as Actress
- Aileen Carlyle in Ex-Rooster as Actress
- Aileen Marson in Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold as Actress
- Aileen Mehle in Episode dated 3 July 1966 as
- Aileen Beale in Death in an Afternoon as Actress
- Aileen Lewis in From Russia with Love as Actress
- Aileen Bagot is famous for her acting in movie The Twelve Pound Look
- Aileen Allen played minor character of Mrs. Westfall in 1916 comedy and romance movie Mister 44.
- In 1997 comedy film, How to Cheat in the Leaving Certificate, Aileen O'Connor portrayed Cara.
- In 1999 action movie, Kanang Kamay: Ituro mo, itutumba ko, Aileen Damiles portrayed Dolores.
- Aileen Anthony, from 1998 comedy movie Hollywood Love, who characterized N.
Lists having Aileen
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -leen
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1986)
- Baby Names that mean Aveline
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Shining