Caitlin name meaning
On This Page
What does Caitlin mean?
Darling Caitlin primarily is used in Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Irish, Norwegian and English aimed at both boys and girls, meaning of Caitlin is "The Pure or Girls" is originated from Old Greek.
Caitlin is version of prominent Karine. Karine is a form of widespread Carina. Also Karine is variant of predominant Karin. Karine is also variant of predominant Karina. Karine is equivalent of Carine in English and German languages.
Also Karine is English equivalent of Cara. Karine is also equivalent of Carine in German and English languages. Karine is also equivalent of Carina in German language. Karine is also Russian and French form of Karen.
Karine is also English equivalent of Karina. Karine means Beloved, Pretty and Dear is originated from Latin and Italian. Caitlin is derived from Catherine. Catherine is variant form of pleasing Karine.
Catherine is English cognate of Katharina. Also Catherine is equivalent of Katharina in English and French languages. Widespread Old Greek Catherine, meaning of Catherine is "Pure, The Pure and Torture". Also Caitlin is equivalent of Catheline, an Old French Form of Katharina in Gaelic and English languages.
Caitlin is celebrated on November 25 or April 29.
How do I pronounce Caitlin?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Caitlin is ca(it)-lin.
Variants of CaitlinNames that rhyme with Caitlin
How popular is the name Caitlin?
a very popular name in United States with over 111725 new-borns have been given the name since 1955. At the peak of its usage in 1988, it ranked 44th when 7243 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Caitlin was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 28528 babies have been given the given name in 23 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2001, it ranked 21st when 2277 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 12 times
Caitlin was a common name in Ireland. Over 2727 babies have been named Caitlin since 1967. When at its peak in 2003,.
However after 42 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Caitlin used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1987 and over 5736 babies have been given the name in 27 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. After 27 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Queensland, Caitlin was once a common name since emerging in 1985 it has been given to over 3737 babies.
When at its peak in 1998,. After 28 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Caitlin is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 182 on girl names chart when 60 babies were given the name Caitlin. There are over 670 babies that have been given the name Caitlin in Belgium.
Also, in Victoria, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 43 on girl names chart when 100 babies were given the name Caitlin.
There are over 231 babies that have been given the name Caitlin in Victoria.
Caitlin is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1984 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 768 on girl names chart when 42 babies were named Caitlin. Over 380 people have been named Caitlin in France. Caitlin is a rare baby name in Northern Territory there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Caitlin is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in Australia. As per our findings, over 150000 people has been named Caitlin globally.
Caitlin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Caitlin?
You often doubt your purpose, skills, and existence. You know that without self-esteem, persistence, and passion, you are nothing. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. It's hard for you to connect with new people and let them inside your world but you are not a closed person. Instead of running over people on your way to success, you teach them how to find their own path and how to succeed.
Other names similar to Caitlin
- Theodora - Used especially in English and Norwegian persistent and famous, Theodora aimed at both sexes is originated from Old Greek, Theodora means "Gift of God or God's Gift"
- Jacinthe - Girl name Jacinthe is majorly used in French and came from Greek and Old Greek, Jacinthe means "Precious Stone"
- Euandros - Boy name Euandros came from Old Greek, Euandros means "Good Man" is notably used in Greek
- Mikail - Infrequent unisex name Mikail means "Name of an Angel or Name of an Angel Michael" that originated from Hebrew is primarily used in Greek, Arabic and Norwegian
- Jores has its origin in Greek is mainly used in Swedish, Jores means "Worker of the Earth" is a baby boy name
Sibling Names for Caitlin
Naming a baby is one of the most exciting yet challenging tasks for new parents. If you have decided to name your baby girl "Caitlin," you might be wondering what names would go well with it. To help you out, we've compiled a list of sibling names that complement Caitlin's sweet sound and charming meaning.
Sister for Caitlin
Brother to Caitlin
Famous people named Caitlin
- Caitlin Flanagan, American writer and social critic
- Caitlin Matthews,
- Caitlin Cunningham, Australian women's basketball player
- Caitlin Clarke, American theater and film actress best
- Caitlin Wachs, American actress and production assistant
- Caitlin Moran, English journalist, author, and broadcaster at 'The Times'
- Caitlin Stasey, Australian actress
- Caitlin Cary, alternative country musician from Seville, Ohio
- Caitlin Fairchild, fictional comic book superhero
- Caitlin Glass, American voice actress, ADR director
- Caitlin Davies, English author, journalist and teacher
- Caitlin O'Heaney, American television, film and stage actress
- Caitlin McClatchey, : 54
- Caitlin Cahow, former American ice hockey player
- Caitlin Thomas, author and the wife of the poet and writer Dylan Thomas
- Caitlin Simmons, beauty queen from Tulsa
- Caitlin Hale, American actress, singer and writer
- Caitlin McCarthy, American actress and producer, best
- Caitlin Hill,
- Caitlin Brunell, Top Ten semi-finalist and the Quality of Life Award winner
- Caitlin Upton, American fashion model and former beauty queen
- Caitlin Leverenz, American competition swimmer
- Caitlin Diaz in Episode #2.7 as Actress
- Caitlin Gill in The Coffee Shop as Actress
- Caitlin McIntosh in Shadowland as Actress
- Caitlin Dissinger in Ivy League Exorcist: The Bobby Jindal Story as Actress
- Caitlin Bidwell in The Other One as Actress
- Caitlin Rose Williams in Charlie and Hope as Actress
- Caitlin Burley in Code Ranga as Actress
- Caitlin Hofmeister in New Earth-Size Planet and a Solar Eclipse as Producer
- Caitlin Pasquet in Dog Pound as Actress
- Caitlin Barrett is famous for her acting in movie Durango Kids
- In 1994, Caitlin Dulany played the role of Jenna McKensie in action and horror flick Class of 1999 II: The Substitute.
- In 2016, Caitlin Garcia played the role of Sharpay in film Stick To The Status Quo.
- In 2018 horror, thriller movie, Rideshare, Caitlin O'Connor portrayed Susie.
- Caitlin Carmichael, from 2017 action, thriller movie Wheelman, who played Katie.
Lists having Caitlin
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that ends with -lin
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2001)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2002)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Pure