Hildur meaning and origin
Acclaimed and Traditional unisex name Hildur means "Battle" which is rooted from Old Norse and Germanic languages is notably used in Norwegian, Scandinavian, Danish, Swedish, Faroese, Icelandic and Finnish. Hildur is form of trendy and all time favorite Hilda. Hilda is short of names with "Hild". Also Hilda is shortened form of the suffix "Hild". Hilda is also shortened form of Hildegard. Hilda is form of Names Containing the Name Element Hild in Latin language. Hilda's meaning is Enclosure and Protection has origin in Old High German and Germanic.. Hildur is form of Hildr in Faroese and Icelandic languages.
Variants of HildurNames that rhyme with Hildur
Popularity of Hildur
Hildur is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1885 and was last seen in 1933, during its 43 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1895, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 538 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Hildur. Over 718 babies in United States have been named Hildur. The given name is a common name in Norway and Iceland while somewhat familiar name in Sweden and Denmark. As per our findings, over 4000 babies have been bestowed Hildur around the globe, concentrated mainly Nordic regions.
Hildur in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Hildur
Others wonder how you handle everything so good. Your secret hides in your everyday routine. You are energetic and have a restless spirit. Your motto is "Why fight when you can solve issues the better way?" People aren't always as nice as they seem. And your gentle heart can't take disappointments. Sincerity is something you respect and practice. You hate to lose or be rejected. With time, people who don't belong near you, walk away.
Do you like Hildur? You would love these names
- Søsser is Danish cognate of Søster
- Torgot is Danish equivalent of Thurgot
- Foxan - Foxan's meaning is The Crafty Mammal with Russet-Colored Fur and Fraud is a boy name is rooted from English. Foxan is resultant of Fox.
- Helgi - The unisex name Helgi is chiefly used in Icelandic, Old Norse and Swedish, Helgi means "Holy, Luck or Blessed" is originated from Scandinavian and Old Norse
- Hoyts - Meaning of Hoyts is Descended of the Mind Or Spirit is rooted from Old Norse is used as a baby boy name. Hoyts is resulted from Hoyt.
Namesakes of Hildur
- Hildur Vala Einarsdóttir, singer
- Hildur Guðnadóttir, classically trained Icelandic cellist
- Hildur Carlberg acted in movie The Parson's Widow
- Hildur Møller characterized the critical role of N in 1912 drama film Spejderen.