Helgi name meaning
What does Helgi mean?
Helgi is originated from Old Norse and Scandinavian, Helgi means "Holy, Blessed, Luck or Happiness" used notably in Swedish, Finnish, Old Norse, Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish and Faroese is a unisex name. Helgi is Swedish equivalent of Helga. Also Helgi is Old Norse equivalent of *Hailaga. Helgi is celebrated on July 11th.
Does Helgi sound like a good baby name?
Helgi is a unique and distinct name for a baby boy, having its roots in the Icelandic language. It has a special charm that complements the personality of any child. The name Helgi denotes qualities such as productivity, strength, and determination. It carries an air of sophistication and elegance that makes it stand out from other names. Helgi is an ideal choice for parents who want to give their child a strong, masculine name that will help them make an impact in life. This name is perfect for parents who seek something different but not too unconventional!
How do I pronounce Helgi?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Helgi is he(l)-gi.
Variants of Helgi
Helga, *Hailaga, Helgar, Olina, Olga, Helger, Helge, Olinda, Oline, Olla, OlgunnNames that rhyme with Helgi
How popular is the name Helgi?
Helgi is a common baby name in Iceland and Estonia while it is somewhat familiar in Faroe Islands and United States. According to our evaluation, over 3000 babies have been named Helgi globally.
Helgi in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Helgi
You know how to earn money but not how to invest it before you spend it. If you continue to refuse to learn from your mistakes otherwise, you will lose yourself over people who don't deserve you. Having 5 as your soul urge number reveals your deep desire to change and transform all the time. Relationships make you feel trapped. You need to speak up and show people that you are hurt by their actions.
You would love these names similar to Helgi
- Tiw particulary is used in Old English is a boy name. It is rooted from Old Norse, meaning of Tiw is "Daylight or Light"
- Tiwaz - Substantially used in Germanic, Tiwaz means "Daylight or Deity" which came from Old Norse is used for boys
- Osborne - Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Osborne is in Old Norse, meaning of Osborne is "Soldier of God or Divine Bear", a baby boy name is majorly used in Swedish and English
- Torlek is equivalent of Þórlæikr in Danish language
- Hardinge came from Germanic, meaning of Hardinge is "Hard, The Word Hart Which Means Brave Hardy and From the Hare's Valley" is used as a baby boy name. Hardinge is derivative of Harding.
Sibling Names for Helgi
Are you a fan of unique baby names with Scandinavian origins? If so, you may want to consider naming your little one Helgi. To help you pick the perfect sibling name, we've compiled a list of 20 names that sound great with Helgi - both for boys and girls. From classic and timeless options to more modern picks, there's something for every taste. Let's dive in!
Sister for Helgi
Names for Helgi's brother
Famous people named Helgi
- Helgi Hundingsbane, hero in Norse sagas
- Helgi Valdimarsson, professor of Immunology at the University of Iceland
- Helgi Þór Arason, rose to popularity after competing
- Helgi Tómasson, Icelandic physician
- Helgi Sigurðsson, retired international footballer and manager of Fylkir
- Helgi Ólafsson, Icelandic chess grandmaster
- Helgi Daníelsson, former football player from Iceland
- Helgi Grétarsson, Icelandic chess grandmaster
- Helgi Björnsson is famous for his acting in movie Eleven Men Out
Lists having Helgi
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean Blessed
- Baby Names that mean Luck
- Baby Names that mean Happiness